What's new

Gameface

A guy (named Guy) used to work for me amd he was from Perth. I laughed so many times because he had a thick Aussie accent and daily people would say to him, "Fosta's.. Australian for be-uh."

He would smile and then turn around red-faced.. partially because he was so sick of hearing it and mostly because "Australians hate that piss water."

Tips for novices out there: Australians pronounce "Australia" with the "Au" part silenced.

Tips for novices out there: Australians pronounce "Australia" with the "Au" part silenced.

Tip for inhabitants of the less awesome countries on this planet. We don't give a **** how you pronounce it. We get to decide what your country is called, what its borders are, and whatever else we feel like deciding to do. Deal with it, bitches.

Tip for inhabitants of the less awesome countries on this planet. We don't give a **** how you pronounce it. We get to decide what your country is called, what its borders are, and whatever else we feel like deciding to do. Deal with it, bitches.

You compensating for something, HeyHey????

So what's the deal with pubs in SLC now? Are they still mandated by the state to serve specific alcohol % beer? Are IPA's in Utah state complete garbage?

This is basically why I wouldn't even try to open a pub in Utah. But, no. You can serve whatever percentage beer you want if you have the right kind of licence, except you can't serve that beer on draft if it is over 4%abv. So to serve a 7% IPA it has to be bottled.

For the kind of beer I'm passionate about I would want to serve "real ale" from a cask if I had a pub. Fortunately most British beer is pretty low abv and there are tons of styles that would fall below the 4% limit, but not all and not the ones I like the most. It's one of the silliest of all our alcohol restrictions. I actually imagined having a pub where I had a contraption that poured draft beer into a bottle and capped it at the point of sale just to demonstrate how absolutely stupid the law is.

This is basically why I wouldn't even try to open a pub in Utah. But, no. You can serve whatever percentage beer you want if you have the right kind of licence, except you can't serve that beer on draft if it is over 4%abv. So to serve a 7% IPA it has to be bottled.

For the kind of beer I'm passionate about I would want to serve "real ale" from a cask if I had a pub. Fortunately most British beer is pretty low abv and there are tons of styles that would fall below the 4% limit, but not all and not the ones I like the most. It's one of the silliest of all our alcohol restrictions. I actually imagined having a pub where I had a contraption that poured draft beer into a bottle and capped it at the point of sale just to demonstrate how absolutely stupid the law is.

Everybody knows if you make it hard for people to drink then they won't, as people are lazy. So if they have to go to all the trouble of opening a bottle (as IF!!) then they simply won't drink and will be more open to conversion to the predominant religion since they stopped drinking because they were so lazy. Duh!

Last edited: