What's new

GLeague Chitt

Jeenathan with the start and 16 points on 8-10 shooting and Shaq with 10 points 9 assists in a two point Blazer loss to the Spurs.

Jeenathan with the start and 16 points on 8-10 shooting and Shaq with 10 points 9 assists in a two point Blazer loss to the Spurs.
Thought Jeenathan Williams had more NBA potential than either of the current 2-way guys. Would’ve rather kept him ourselves and cut one if the others loose instead of watching Portland snag him. Oh well.

The GLeague released their awards and Luka made second team all GLeague and Kris Dunn was runner up in defensive player of the year. No Salt Lake Star received anything. In related news Trevian Jones from Southern Utah a 6'7" wing lit up the Portsmouth Invitational with 36 points in a game. He's a 6'7" wing that transferred to S. Utah from Illinois. He went to high school in S. Calif.

This past weekend Stars Assistant Coach Lowell Egan was inducted into the McDermitt, Nevada High School Hall of Fame! Egan led the Bulldogs to a Nevada 1A State Championship Title in 2001-2002.
The school has also named an award after Lowell. The Lowell Egan Award will go to the Top Senior Male Athlete at McDermitt High School.
Congratulations Coach! McDermitt, Nevada is on the Oregon-Nevada border about 80 miles north on Winnemucca.

I noticed on the Twitter machine both the Stars and Jazz wished Frank Jackson a happy natal day. Could he be in the Jazz future plans?

Down in the league in Puerto Rico Boogie Cousins had a big day yesterday including hitting a bunch of threes. Brandon Knight had a 50 point game a couple of games ago. Whiteside is still making the stat sheet explode. Even that old druggie Tyreque Evans is putting up decent stats,

In Europe Yogi out dueled DedEx as their respective teams faced off. DedEx still had 16 points so he must have recovered from his body slam injuries.

I see a Scrubb is available. The Magic waived Jay Scrubb from a two way deal. He averaged 22 ppg in the GLeague last season and was a 2nd round pick in 2020.

Bolmaro signed a two year deal with a team in Germany. Vic Law who played Summer League with the Jazz last year signed with a Japanese team.

I saw this on the interwebs regarding the TWolves and a veteran free agent minicamp:
Sources said the Timberwolves have invited, among others, guards Semaj Christon and Milton Doyle, forwards Jamel Artis and Jarrod Uthoff, and center Amida Brimah. Other participants, as reported by Darren Wolfson, are Keenan Evans, Briante Weber, Mychal Mulder, Rayvonte Rice, Wade Baldwin, Xavier Munford, and Matt Costello.
I’m hoping the Jazz continue doing veteran minicamps to mine undiscovered players. Obviously Royce O’Neale, but they also had JaMychal Green, Alex Caruso, Cameron Payne and Danuel House in minicamps and watched them become NBA rotational players elsewhere. Would love to see what a Danny Ainge/Will Hardy camp would look like.

Who do we have right now playing Summer League? I have Ochai, Luka, Vernon Carey Jr, the two way guys and the rookies. Is there anyone else?