What's new

I'm in love with Coach Snyder, and the Jazz

HighlandHomie

I wanna cry a river that Burks is out for the year because our squad has gotten better - slowly but surely - as they've grown accustom to Snyder's system/principles on both ends and all the intricacies that go with it. During tonight's great win over Portland, with the game well in hand late in the fourth quarter, Favors set a lazy screen and the camera caught Quin shouting a reminder to Favors to set a screen like a man and not like a sally. It warmed the cackles of my heart.

Obviously the first thing the players mentioned during preseason interviews was how detailed-oriented he is. He's also a basketball savant. A mad scientist if you will.

Our guys seem to be gelling well. It really sucks Burks is out and Hood has been out for most of it because both those guys (at least in my mind) factor in greatly to the big picture. Obviously it'd be awesome for our whole core to grow together and experience things on the court because practice and offseason workouts only do so much in that department.

I remain confident in the FO to tinker in the offseason with bringing in certain pieces. Point guard is still a question mark for me because Exum still seems a few years away from being a starter on a playoff caliber squad, and Burke has all but sealed the deal (in my mind) as a great backup on a playoff team or fringe starter on a mediocre/crappy team.

There is tangible evidence we've turned things around, and are no longer the dumpster fire which Corbin seemingly stoked and threw gasoline onto. Special things are coming for us in the next few years. We ****ing deserve it!!!!!! JAZZ BABY

HH hasn't been an ******* since he came back from the ban. Give credit where its due.

Agree with this post completely, and I like your comment on Burke. I have b****ed about him just as much as the next guy, but I think he gives us a decent pg to get us through the few years it takes Exum to figure it out. I also think he is going to get smarter and scoring efficiently (that floater looked pretty tonight). No he will never be an all star, but I think a JJ Barea type player fits Burke well.

Agree with this post completely, and I like your comment on Burke. I have b****ed about him just as much as the next guy, but I think he gives us a decent pg to get us through the few years it takes Exum to figure it out. I also think he is going to get smarter and scoring efficiently (that floater looked pretty tonight). No he will never be an all star, but I think a JJ Barea type player fits Burke well.

Love the Barea comparison - and I hadn't really heard it before.