What's new

Jarrod Quayle

It says here that the Jazz are working him out today. Are they seriously considering taking him with the 9th overall pick? I think that would shock the basketball world but it would be really good for Utah State. Go Aggies!

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/ci_15255394

Of course they're going to take him with the ninth pick. We're just hoping Aldrich falls to the second round so we can get him there instead.

Of course they're going to take him with the ninth pick. We're just hoping Aldrich falls to the second round so we can get him there instead.

Well, the Jazz do need someone to go through Parowan and such during the annual Tour de Yootah, so I think there's merit to this.

Hmmm...Gani Lawal is projected as a late 1st-rounder. Maybe the #9 for the 16th and 23rd (Minnesota) or #12 and #28 (Memphis) isn't too far-fetched. That would explain working out guys like Honzward, George, Babbitt and now Lawal.

Lawal is an intriguing prospect, IMO. If Utah traded down and got him as their 2nd pick, Gani could be a decent back-up to Millsap.

As for Quayle, I heard the only question they asked him during their interview was how to spell "potato." Jarrod responded "t-a-t-e-r." And then mumbled something that sounded like "moog."

Hmmm...Gani Lawal is projected as a late 1st-rounder. Maybe the #9 for the 16th and 23rd (Minnesota) or #12 and #28 (Memphis) isn't too far-fetched. That would explain working out guys like Honzward, George, Babbitt and now Lawal.

Lawal is an intriguing prospect, IMO. If Utah traded down and got him as their 2nd pick, Gani could be a decent back-up to Millsap.

As for Quayle, I heard the only question they asked him during their interview was how to spell "potato." Jarrod responded "t-a-t-e-r." And then mumbled something that sounded like "moog."

I think I'd rather have Peraphin or whatever his name is late in the first round.

seems to me like the WAC has produced some pretty solid players in the last few years... Millsap, Sessions, McGee... of course Snyder, Fazekas, and Karl didn't pan out.

He'd be a nice second round pick. But anything more than that would be ill-advised.

Who wins in a game of one on one? Price or Quayle? Price, Quayle, and Jimmer?

Damn. No Jared for the Jazz. He's signing with a team in Belgium. I was hoping for a look behind the curtain.