What's new

Jazz Rookies snubbed from all Rookie Teams--the 2015 edition

mellow

The all rookie teams were announced today. Jazz had three rookies who played significant minutes last season. None of them made the 1st or second team.

The first team:
Noel, Andrew Wiggins, Nikola Mirotic, Jordan Clarkson, Elfrid Payton.

Second team:
Marcus Smart, Zach LaVine, Langston Galloway, Bojan Bogdanovic, Jusuf Nurkic.

Andy Larsen @andyblarsen
Rodney Hood, by the way, got the 11th most vote points, including 1 vote for first team. Exum got 14th most, with 3 (!) votes for 1st team.

Andy Larsen @andyblarsen
Jingles got two votes for the second team as well, tying him for 23rd in rookie voting.

Last edited:
Good, keep the voting losses coming.

I want this team as hungry as possible.

Kevin Ding @KevinDing 2 minutes ago
Jordan Clarkson is first non-first-rounder to make All-Rookie first team in four years, per @calder_h (Landry Fields, Gary Neal in 2011).

I remember the Jazz really liked Clarkson, I think if the Magic had selected Exum, and Jazz had Taken Aaron Gordon, then the 35th pick would have been Clarkson instead of Jarnelle Stokes.

And Burke made the team last year. Doesn't mean a thing. Our team will crash the playoffs next year while these guys toil in lottery wonderland.

I hope it lights a fire under Dante. If he has an aggressive, competitive side I haven't seen it.

It will be fun to watch Dante and see if he catches up or overtakes any of the guys drafted behind him but who played better than him.

Just as an example Clarkson played fewer minutes and started fewer games than Dante...but Clarkson had more rebounds, fgs, and fts. He also had fewer turnovers and fouls while dishing out more assists than Dante.

I hope it lights a fire under Dante. If he has an aggressive, competitive side I haven't seen it.

It will be fun to watch Dante and see if he catches up or overtakes any of the guys drafted behind him but who played better than him.

Just as an example Clarkson played fewer minutes and started fewer games than Dante...but Clarkson had more rebounds, fgs, and fts. He also had fewer turnovers and fouls while dishing out more assists than Dante.

Clarkson obviously had a better year than Exum, but having fewer turnovers and fouls in fewer minutes doesn't mean anything. The other categories, sure, but not those. On a per-36 minute basis they each averaged 2.3 TOs with Clarkson fouling at a slightly lower rate (2.7) than Exum (2.9)

Clarkson is also what 3 years older than Exum?

Hood barely missed out. He had 54 points over all.

No 1st or 2nd ballot hall of rookie teamers...... this season was a waist.
And so apparently were your grammar lessons.
Exum was a project and the least NBA-ready of any pick who wasn't hurt. Rodney ALMOST made the team despite missing so many games.
BTW, which all-rookie team was Gobert on last season?

Exum was a project and the least NBA-ready of any pick who wasn't hurt. Rodney ALMOST made the team despite missing so many games.

Right over your head. Actually quite a ways over it.

It is very hard for a rookie to miss double digit games and get any accolades. If Hood had been healthier I think he would have hit at least 2nd team. He may have had a shot at ROY, but still wouldn't have won it.

Sarcasm Alert!!!! Alert!!!! Alert!!!!!

I'm good with grammer so I don't have no good idea what you are talking about.

Anyways.... back to the topic. It is obvious that this coaching staff was hired to develop rookies, and none of our rookies made the 1st or 2nd All NBA rookie teams so they failed. Rodney almost making the team means they almost didn't fail. Exum being the worst starting PG in the league is not a good sign. Gobert having to wait until his second year to improve is an obvious fail.

I'm so sick of the excuses.

/superblatantsarcasm