What's new

Jazzfanz Mock Draft 1.0

Raps take Mason Jones... he's got a really interesting backstory. Was super overweight in high school... brother was Matt Jones that played at Duke. He decided like his Junior or Senior year he wanted to play basketball and lost a bunch of weight. He put up 22 pts per game this year in the SEC... gets to the line an absurd 9 times a game. On a good trajectory with maybe some more upside.

With the 60th pick I need a guy with the perfect name for being mr irrelevant. This guy also has the background for being the last pick mr Irrelevant he basically plays in gyms where there might be like 50 fans at the game.

with the 60th and last pick The New Orleans pelicans select Jay Scrubb.

He’s a 6-6 sg, very explosive and makes JC look like a pass first guard. His shot selection is real bad dribbles too much, but if he can get the right coaching there are some elite tools explosive as hell great finisher inside and a very capable shooter. He only shot 33% from 3 this year but shot over 40% the year prior. This is low risk high reward IMO.

That was a fun exercise and now has me more interested in the draft. I was able to take a closer look at potential picks so it certainly increased my understanding of the situation. Thanks, Cy, for putting this together.

Biggest steals of the draft:

James Wiseman at 3
Tyrese Haliburton at 13
Kira Lewis Jr at 23

Ball to GS is probably the worst pick possible. Ball will be relegated to backup pg because he can’t soot and the warriors will be forced to listen to daddy Ball about how Lamelo is a better pg than Curry. Lol. Just a bad fit IMO.

Ball to GS is probably the worst pick possible. Ball will be relegated to backup pg because he can’t soot and the warriors will be forced to listen to daddy Ball about how Lamelo is a better pg than Curry. Lol. Just a bad fit IMO.
I mean most guys should be bench guys on that team maybe other than Wiseman. It isn’t about one year and they might be taking the guy with the most trade value.