What's new

KSLSports.com - Donovan Mitchell Shares Video Of Late Kentucky Guard Terrence Clarke

B

Ben Anderson

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah – Utah Jazz guard Donovan Mitchell shared a video of a phone call he had with late Kentucky guard Terrence Clarke. According to several reports, Clarke was killed in a car accident in Los Angeles Thursday, just one day after hiring an agent for the NBA draft.

“Sources tell us the NBA Draft prospect was killed in a crash after reportedly working out with BJ Boston,” according to WKYT in Kentucky.

Clarke, 19, was a top high school recruit out of Massachusetts before attending Kentucky. The guard went to the Brewster Academy, the same private boarding school that Mitchell attended before playing college basketball at Louisville.

1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
I love you lil bro
1f494.png
” Mitchell tweeted.

(The video may contain language that is not suitable for all readers)

1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png
I love you lil bro
1f494.png
https://t.co/Qc56iX05fp

— Donovan Mitchell (@spidadmitchell) April 23, 2021

In the video, Mitchell and Clarke tease one another about their growing fame.

“We know you Hollywood so it’s cool, I already know what time it is,” Clarke said.

“That’s crazy, coming from you.” Mitchell responded.

“You call my phone what’s the first thing I’m doing? Answering,” Clarke added.

Clarke then asks the Jazz All-Star to say hello to the Slam documentary crew that was following the five-star prospect through his process of choosing a college destination.

Mitchell wasn’t the only Jazz player to share his grief after the news of Clarke’s passing. Rookie guard Elijah Hughes also posted his condolences.

“Tell your people you love them,” Hughes wrote.

tell your people you love them

— Eli (@elijahhughes4_) April 23, 2021

Clarke appeared in just eight games at Kentucky as a freshman. The talented guard suffered a foot injury that caused him to miss two and a half months with the Wildcats before returning for their final tournament game against Mississippi State.

Clarke averaged 9.8 points, 2.6 rebounds, and 2.0 assists before signing with Klutch Sports after declaring for the draft.

Related Links

Full story from KSLSports.com...