What's new

KU and Mizzou to the MWC?

Something that was said on the radio during the TCU/Utah game a few years ago. Maybe they were just wrong or maybe I got the context wrong. Either way I stand corrected and should have looked it up.

No, you're right. TCU has been dealing with sketchy attendance for some time, despite having a program with the visibility they do. This is common knowledge.

Edit: For the 2009 season, they averaged in the neighborhood of 38K in a stadium that seats 50K+. If you minus the ONLY sold out game of the year (vs. Utah), the average drops to under 36K. This is not good attendance for a BCS bowl worthy team.

Last edited:
No, you're right. TCU has been dealing with sketchy attendance for some time, despite having a program with the visibility they do. This is common knowledge.

Edit: For the 2009 season, they averaged in the neighborhood of 38K in a stadium that seats 50K+. If you minus the ONLY sold out game of the year (vs. Utah), the average drops to under 36K. This is not good attendance for a BCS bowl worthy team.
TCU's stadium only holds 44k. That Utah game was the largest home game in TCU's history and it was way over the stadium's capacity. It explains it all here:
https://gofrogs.cstv.com/facilities/tcu-facilities-football.html

So if they are averaging 38k in a stadium that holds 44k, I don't think they are having any trouble filling the stadium. And the stadium has only had that capacity since the 2008 expansion.

It's common knowledge that they don't have big crowds because they have a small stadium, not because they have trouble selling tickets. At least that has always been my understanding.