What's new

Linas Kleza

We will probably run close to 13 players after the draft... don't imagine anything big in FA will happen

This game was played yesterday: Forward Linas Kleiza scored 17 points to lead Olympiakos to a 79-72 win over defending champion Panathinaikos and even the best-of-five Greek league finals at 1-1.

People forgot about Linas, huh? The Nuggets needed that guy in the Jazz series, probably would have gave us a lot more headaches than we had.

I don't think a guy with the name Linus can have a quality NBA career. His parents just totally did him in when they stuck that name on him. It's like Francis or Sven. Nobody ever takes them seriously.

Actually, I think this guy falls into the John Ameachi catagory of this guy had a big game or games against us so he must be good. Obviously he couldn't cut it in Denver and no one else wanted the dude so why would we?

He would be a good pick up. He can be a Harpring-like player (with range) in our system. I thought he would have been a good fit when he played for Denver.

For the few times I've seen him play against us, I thought he could be a decent guy coming off the bench.

But, my question is, how come no other NBA team wants him? Does anybody know what he really lacks? I have no idea why he is in Europe and not here, but there is clearly some reason he is over there.

I don't think a guy with the name Linus can have a quality NBA career. His parents just totally did him in when they stuck that name on him. It's like Francis or Sven. Nobody ever takes them seriously.

Actually, I think this guy falls into the John Ameachi catagory of this guy had a big game or games against us so he must be good. Obviously he couldn't cut it in Denver and no one else wanted the dude so why would we?

Talk about knocking on somebody.

And spell Amaechi right, get it right!

Jesus.

Kleiza went to Europe because the Nuggets didn't want to pay him more than the absolute minimum (or match another team's offer) and other team's didn't want to spend money OR they didn't know how much he would sign for that the Nuggets wouldn't match.

See also; Josh Childress.

The Jazz would have to offer money they really can't to get Kleiza here. That said, he is a very nice piece and I would love to have him.

The Nuggs still hold his rights as he was a restricted free agent. We would have to make him a Millsap like offer.

Kleiza is an underrated player. He was and is a better player than Afflalo, whose game highly depend on outside shooting. Kleiza is physical, big and has great ball-handling skills.