What's new

Media is dying

Al-O-Meter

Breaking this off into its own thread as this isn't political.

Not nice to tell lies…

That is one way to spin it I suppose if you ignore that Vice Media declared bankruptcy, Media Matters has laid off nearly their entire staff, LA Times is hemorrhaging staff, and most of the industry seems in a panic.

The reality is the press is dying. No one buys physical copies of their publications, online ad rates have plummeted, and the high interest rates are causing any who had corporate debt to be killed off by their inability to service that debt. AI content generators will wipe them all out, including some on the political right.

Breaking this off into its own thread as this isn't political.

That is one way to spin it I suppose if you ignore that Vice Media declared bankruptcy, Media Matters has laid off nearly their entire staff, LA Times is hemorrhaging staff, and most of the industry seems in a panic.

The reality is the press is dying. No one buys physical copies of their publications, online ad rates have plummeted, and the high interest rates are causing any who had corporate debt to be killed off by their inability to service that debt. AI content generators will wipe them all out, including some on the political right.
The Hollywood Reporter, The Sun, and the Daily Beast all announced layoffs this week. The Daily Beast in particular offered buyouts to 70% of their unionized staff.

View: https://x.com/willsommer/status/1801780985148702874

They’re blaming AI generally and Google specifically saying Google is using AI to create news stories on the same topics they cover then prioritizing their own AI-generated stories to keep users on their own Google-owned sites rather than sending them off to the media’s site.

Yeah, start ANOTHER thread.

Keep “flooding the zone”, bro.

We should all listen to the guy who just trolls and reads (copy and pastes) extreme far-right nonsense.

Cope harder, liar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aaaand look what happens when one side calls all media fake and installs far right leadership across the board.

MAGA doesn’t read real news. So this is, like, super shocking.

What institution is the far-right going to **** on next?

Aaaand look what happens when one side calls all media fake and installs far right leadership across the board.

MAGA doesn’t read real news. So this is, like, super shocking.

What institution is the far-right going to **** on next?

Ya they want to eliminate the media, the FBI, the IRS, schools, justice system, etc.
I wonder why?

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Because of corruption?

Nope. Because they don't like getting caught being corrupt.

No FBI, no justice system, no IRS, no media, no accountability. I think they like that.

I know that if I were planning some corruption then it would be easier if those entities weren't around.

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Back