What's new

Mike Conley is not going to sign an extension. (Trey'd idea)

Magic Spray

read this here.

Is Trey Burke + the 12 pick + the rights to Tomic + other stuff enough to move the needle for Memphis and get at least a 1-year rental (and perhaps a lucrative extension)? Throw in some other draft picks. It's time, Dennis.

Drop Conley on this team? As Brian Fantana says:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xemX5XRFhg

read this here.

Is Trey Burke + the 12 pick + the rights to Tomic + other stuff enough to move the needle for Memphis and get at least a 1-year rental (and perhaps a lucrative extension)? Throw in some other draft picks. It's time, Dennis.

Drop Conley on this team? As Brian Fantana says:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xemX5XRFhg

He'd sign an extension if it was a good financial arrangement. If they trade him now Gasol surely walks... No way this happens. Basically every player wants to hit free agency next year and cash in on the large salary cap rise.

He'd sign an extension if it was a good financial arrangement. If they trade him now Gasol surely walks... No way this happens. Basically every player wants to hit free agency next year and cash in on the large salary cap rise.

Yeah only way this works is if Memphis decides to "blow it up". I see no reason ATM why they would. Unless Gasol tells them he's not coming back.

Don't think there is a chance in hell that the jazz can get him, but my God this team would be so much better with him...... Maybe home court in the western conference playoffs good

One year rental??? Are the Jazz making a championship run next year? If not, then why in the hell would we trade our draft pick and Burke for a one year rental?

One year rental??? Are the Jazz making a championship run next year? If not, then why in the hell would we trade our draft pick and Burke for a one year rental?

It's the number 12 pick and the worst s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ backup point guard in the league. If nothing else, Jazz could still snt Conley to his team of choice for at least this much next summer.

I absolutely love Conley's game. One of my favorite non Jazz players in the NBA. That being said we can't do a one year rental on a player, if he signs an extension then yes please make it happen. But Memphis isn't going to make that trade. I don't blame Conley for not signing the extension either, so much more money can be made....but again, if by some miracle Mem would be good making this trade and we knew we could lock Conley up long term I make this trade in a heart beat and watch the Jazz possibly compete for home court

It will not be uncommon this summer for players to refuse long term extension. I wouldn't go crazy thinking that a player is on the block because they are refusing an extension or only signing a 1+1 deal.

Yeah, it's a half-baked idea. I just saw this and thought, hmmm if Gasol starts wavering, Memphis will prolly want to go full-blown rebuild and sooner than later.

But Lindsey is on the record saying that when the time comes to make a move, it will be a "no duh situation."

I would categorize grabbing Conley as a "no duh" situation. As far as him signing an extension, I think he'd like playing with Gobert and Favors, Hayward and Hood. Not all that different from his current situation, but Jazz are younger.

Conley is one of the best young pgs in the league and a tough mo fro. Get the Jazz used to winning big time and make some ****ing noise in the playoffs.

It's the number 12 pick and the worst s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ backup point guard in the league. If nothing else, Jazz could still snt Conley to his team of choice for at least this much next summer.

And Jazz would still have Exum, who could have a Shroeder-esque development this next season.

I'd love to have Conley on this team.

Gobert
Favors/Booker
Hayward/Hood
Burks/Ingles/Millsap
Conley/Exum/Cotton

Thats 11 players and a dang good start. Only real hole is back up C. I'd prefer a better shooter to Ingles and Millsap thought but they bring it with passing and D.

That's a playoff team.

Conley never said he wants to leave. He just wants more money. He isn't leaving Memphis as long as they have gasol.

For the fun of watching the jazz be really good.