Miles Bridges

Sign Bridges?

• Yes

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • No

Votes: 38 74.5%

• Total voters
Exactly you don’t know

Crazy anti-vaxxer, who repeats disinformation about vaccines and public health procedures during covid outbreak

He recently endorsed Trent Staggs (MAGA) for Utah senate. Endorsed Robert Kennedy Jr for President. Politics can be very important to people and it is totally fair to not like someone like that and not want to be associated with him, just like you can have an opinion that you like him and you are not concerned about that stuff. That is not canceling someone.

Crazy anti-vaxxer, who repeats disinformation about vaccines and public health procedures during covid outbreak

He recently endorsed Trent Staggs (MAGA) for Utah senate. Endorsed Robert Kennedy Jr for President. Politics can be very important to people and it is totally fair to not like someone like that and not want to be associated with him, just like you can have an opinion that you like him and you are not concerned about that stuff. That is not canceling someone.
Good post.

Being anti vax and spreading disinformation about public health should be frowned down upon. Everyone here is free to have their own opinion but that doesn't mean that all opinions are equal. Some are well-informed while others aren't. And some are malicious and dangerous to our society. Being anti-vax is dangerous. Vaccines prevent disease. That is a fact. I recently read about a child who died of measles, a disease we have a vaccine for. That child would be alive today had they been vaccinated. Now who decided that this child shouldn't be vaccinated? Their parents, who might have listened to someone like Stockton? This is why I find him to not be an honorable person. What we do with our lives matters. We shouldn’t want easily preventable diseases to hurt or kill people because of the disinformation that others spew. This is not cancel culture, minivan.

Furthermore, the erosion of public trust in experts and expertise is something I take personally as I am a public employee and educator. How many of us have benefited by the expertise of experts? Have you ever had a cavity filled? If so, you can thank a doctor, the hundreds of years of expertise to develop the understanding of the mouth, the development of x-rays, and the years that doctor went to to learn his craft. You can also thank his teachers for all of the years it took to educate the dentist. You can thank the large institutions where expertise was grouped to benefit dentists so they could benefit society. If we cannot trust in experts and empirical data, who should we trust? Former nba stars who spew conspiracies (primarily promoted by anti-American troll bots on social media)? Yeah, that’s not going to end well for us. Again, this isn't cancel culture, minivan.

Now you have two options:

Minivan, you can be responsible and mature and conduct yourself as a good digital citizen by admitting that you didn't read my post thoroughly and apologize for making a jackass out of yourself.

- or -

You can do the most likely thing that people do on the Internet and double down on your stupidity/pretend this didn't happen, do the typical drive by ad hominem attack, and pretend to be the victim.

Choice is yours (cuz you haven't been canceled)!

Last edited:
What are you talking about?

Who is being canceled here?

Am I canceling someone? Who am I canceling? How have your rights to express your opinion been restricted on here? Explain that to me.

You are the one spreading hate. You are making a mindless rant without any provocation. It’s not my fault you failed to read my post thoroughly and apparently still fail to comprehend from my original post (that you have since quoted twice) why I find Malone and Stockton to not be admirable or even good people. It’s literally right there, if you just read the post:

As I said, it usually helps to read the post you’re responding (and in your case, quoted twice):

Perhaps what we’re dealing with here isn’t actually cancel culture? Perhaps what we’re dealing with here is stupid people failing to read posts thoroughly, demanding someone re-explain something to them, and then failing to have their desires granted, and now thinking that they’re recipients of hate? And because they’re treated as adults instead of spoiled children, spoon fed information, they’re now pretend to be victims of cancel culture?

It’s interesting to me how quickly people go on the offensive, usually attack with disproportionate and unnecessary aggression and vitriol, and then complain about being victims.
Read every last word but you’ve still failed to tell me why Stockton is a bad person. Just you labeling people because they have a different idea’s. Why can’t we have our own opinions? But instead you lump Stockton with Malone.

Read every last word but you’ve still failed to tell me why Stockton is a bad person. Just you labeling people because they have a different idea’s. Why can’t we have our own opinions? But instead you lump Stockton with Malone.
LOL!

Then spend less time trolling on the Internet and more time obtaining basic reading skills because it's clearly written for everyone else on this board to understand. Not to mention the last few posts by @kcgar and myself, which added additional context in case there was any vagueness to the issue. The answer to your question is pretty darn clear to literally everyone else on this board. You might not agree with it. But no one can reasonably complain to the lack of clarity.

Ask yourself, "Everyone else is getting it but not me. Why?"

Context clues buddy!

Last edited: