What's new

Millsap will be an all star!

Jazz 8/24

Boozer/Stoudemire in Eastern Conference now. Mark my words, Paul Millsap will make the all star team this upcoming year!

He'll also average 20 and 10 and make us forget about Boozer!

I thought about that too. I think its a strong possibility.

Also Timmy I think is finally going to not make it.

Randolph (Memphis), Aldridge (Blazers) the how could we leave him off the list Duncan (SA), Gasol (Lakers), Al Jefferson if healthy (T-Wolves) All well be hard for Sap to beat out.

I think In the voters and coaches Eyes he is in the same relm as Scola (Rockets), Landry (Kings), And Griffin (Clippers) when it comes to what is expected of him outside. Us Jazz fans and Jazz management expect a lot more of course.

I doubt Millsap will ever make the all-star team. He's not going to dominate his postion. I'm expecting around 16/9 in 34 mins. If Millsap produces those numbers at what the Jazz are paying him ($8M average), it will be a heck of a bargain (as opposed to the 20/10 that Boozer will likely put up for Chicago, but at a cost of $16M).

I doubt Millsap will ever make the all-star team. He's not going to dominate his postion. I'm expecting around 16/9 in 34 mins. If Millsap produces those numbers at what the Jazz are paying him ($8M average), it will be a heck of a bargain (as opposed to the 20/10 that Boozer will likely put up for Chicago, but at a cost of $16M).

He was getting 16/9 in 34 minutes with Boozer looming on the bench waiting to get "healthy" so he could reclaim his starting spot. Millsap's mentality will change when he knows for a fact that he is the man and no one can dethrone him but himself. I agree with the starter of this thread, Millsap will be a 20/14 guy and an all-star sub at the least (or the "i can't believe he was left out of the all-star game" player) by next year.

Guys who else is going to score for us next season?

Also Memo is probably to miss the first couple months of the season.

Wouldn't surprise me if Millsap averaged at least a 20-10 next year.

I am betting against a 6 foot 6 inch guy being an alllstar at PF. Paul will be fine be the Jazz are worse off without Booz. The only hope we have is that AK returns to allstar form.

Two words. Charles. Barkley.

1) There is significantly more length at PF today than there was in the Barkley and Malone era - even Karl would not have had as many allstar appearances if he were playing aganist today's length
2) Paul Sap is not the same type of player nor near as good as Chuck was

Rodman was 6'7" and averaged 13 rebounds a game over his career, two of those seasons were 18+ .....yah.....height helps but rebounding is a talent. Its no fluke Milsap grabbed the 3rd most offensive rebounds in the entire league 2 years ago. Its also no fluke he averaged 12 in his college career, which crushes any of the power forwards from this years draft.

Rodman was 6'7" and averaged 13 rebounds a game over his career, two of those seasons were 18+ .....yah.....height helps but rebounding is a talent. Its no fluke Milsap grabbed the 3rd most offensive rebounds in the entire league 2 years ago. Its also no fluke he averaged 12 in his college career, which crushes any of the power forwards from this years draft.

Actually height can be a hindrance to rebounding. As height goes up agility decreases, and agility is very important to getting position for rebounds.

I am betting against a 6 foot 6 inch guy being an alllstar at PF. Paul will be fine be the Jazz are worse off without Booz. The only hope we have is that AK returns to allstar form.

Paul has a long wingspan I think makes up for his heigth disadvantage

I was impressed with his shooting touch last season, he put in a lot of work in the offseason, he's only going to get better and better as long as he continues to work hard