What's new

more recently retired players should become anouncers

i love matt harpring as an anoucner, when he talks about sloan, the jazz palyers the opposing players you actually BELIEVE him cus he was recently there.
when he is talking about guarding certain players how hard it looks or how sloan system works i actually BELLIEVE him. that's a problem with anouncers seriously do any of you believe what the other guy says when wa sthe last time he played in the nba if at all.

i just think there should be a cap limit on anouncer si know in 10 years matt will not be believable anymore.

you might say the game dont change. but heck yeah it does the rules are different the players are different. if chamberlain was an anouncer talking about how to guard dwight howard would you bellive him? heck no the rules are different now.

i just really like harp as an anouncer. dont know if its just me or anyone else.

now im not saying every recently retired nba player should be an anouncer. but hey if they are articulate etc they should atleas do it for a year or 5:D

hopefully this will happen more often

Well, not to sound racist, but you listen to post-game interviews and half the players sound like they can't put together two coherent sentences in a row (and that goes for white players, black players, Euros, etc). Besides, with the amount of money these guys make, 99% have no motivation to do broadcasting after their careers end. It takes guys who really love the game to move into the broadcast booth.

Funny that I really hated both Barkley and Webber as players, but love them as commentators. And I agree re: Harpring. He has some very good insight into the current Jazz team.

So Kobe's Black Mamba is also racist?

welllll given that the black mamba is an actual snake and given that he anointed himself that instead of white man mcinternet, i'm gonna say no, it's not racist and the push for equivalency is kinda strange and further indicting

welllll given that the black mamba is an actual snake and given that he anointed himself that instead of white man mcinternet, i'm gonna say no, it's not racist and the push for equivalency is kinda strange and further indicting

Point well taken. But in all honesty, I never intended the "Black" part to be a racal reference. As I mentioned in the thread, Dagger came from the reference to the COD game. I was trying to be clever and also play off of Kobe's nickname. In hindsight, it was a bad attempt and I'm sorry that some people took it as a racist remark.

But again, I think that's part of the problem with this country. So many people are looking to play the racist card when it doesn't really exist - Obama with the police officer, Lebron vs. the Cleveland fans, etc.

Given that my avatar has been Millsap from Day 1 of this board, I just don't see how anyone can think I was intentionally being racist.