What's new

Murph

homeytennis

Article on Murph from Ridicuouls Upside:
Murphy was originally drafted in the second-round by the Jazz in 2012, but was shipped away to Golden State in the offseason as apart of the salary dump deal that sent Andre Iguodala to the Warriors and sent Richard Jefferson, Andris Biedrins and Brandon Rush to the Jazz. The 6'6" guard was waived a few days later and would spend last season in the D-League.

For those not familiar with Murphy's game, the man simply gets buckets. In his last three regular season games for the Stampede, he totaled 38, 35 and 31 points respectively. That's light work, considering when he dropped 51 points on the LA D-Fenders in February. Besides averaging 23.5 points per game for the Stampede, Murphy led the D-League in PPP (points per 100 possessions) at 32.68.

The Jazz also recently signed Murphy's back court mate in Idaho, Dee Bost, so the two should find good chemistry in training camp. If there was anyone that deserved another shot to make it in the NBA, it's Kevin Murphy.

cyber_murph__summer_2011_id_by_cyber_murph-d3h2bxs.png

Last edited:
Good Luck to the Murph, if anything Idaho will be a strong team with him Bost, Cooley and probably Motem in spells.
If Injury bug bites he could get a call up

I was watching his D-League highlights and his offensive game reminds me a lot of Bernard King. Unfortunately for KM this is 2014 and not 1984. I don't think he has the athletic ability to be a successful wing player at an NBA level. Hope I'm wrong; but we've all seen players run in it up in the D-League before and then do little to nothing in the NBA.

I was watching his D-League highlights and his offensive game reminds me a lot of Bernard King. Unfortunately for KM this is 2014 and not 1984. I don't think he has the athletic ability to be a successful wing player at an NBA level. Hope I'm wrong; but we've all seen players run in it up in the D-League before and then do little to nothing in the NBA.

We will see how he fares in training camp. I saw him play in the DLeague when he was still Jazz property and he looked lost. Last year he looked much much better. Plus he was what got the Jazz Rodney Hood in the GS trade.

We will see how he fares in training camp. I saw him play in the DLeague when he was still Jazz property and he looked lost. Last year he looked much much better. Plus he was what got the Jazz Rodney Hood in the GS trade.

In another DLeague note I see that Justin Holiday signed with Golden State. Justin was in training camp with the Jazz last year and had a strong Summer League with the Warriors. I believe it is a make good contract with little if anything guaranteed in it.