What's new

My hopes for the Jazz.

Justys

https://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ma2lkbg

My hopes: (side note, I'd throw in a 2nd to get it done)

Jazz trade

Trey Burke, Ingles, Evans to Denver for Wilson Chandler

Then Jazz trade

Kanter, Clark for Gordon Dragic

Jazz would have to pay Dragic this off season. But, he would be a perfect mentor to Exum (who, I think is accouple years away). He has size, can lead a team, great shooter.

Chandler has a team option for next year @ 7.5 million. He can do a little of everything. He would be a perfect 3 and d guy. Would also allow Hayward to play a little more SG.

then, after Bargani gets waived, sign him. He would add size, almost no defense but, he would stretch the defense for Favors/Gobert with his 3 point shooting.

Jazz line up would be.

Dragic
Hayward
Chandler
Favors
Gobert

Bench
Exum
Burks
Hood
Booker
Bargani

Also add in an additional lotto pick for next year. I think that would be a top 8 team in the west. Size, attitude, shooting in every position?

Don't beat me down too much for my post. I haven't made a new thread in a long time and thought it might be fun, to see what ya'll thought! :)

I've always loved Wilson Chandler. I've also heard the Nuggets are shopping him right now too. We could slide Hayward to the 2 and our Wings would be solid. I'd love to get Dragic as much as anyone, and the line up of Dragic, Hayward, Chandler, Favors, And Gobert would be a defensive weapon.
Aww wishful thinking...

As for Bargnani, he is a poor mans Steve Novak...

I wanted the Jazz to do the Kanter for Dragic trade for awhile now, but with them getting Wright thats probably no chance of happening. Im one of the many that think Dragic would be great with this group.

Dragic has to be worth more than just Kanter right?

Don't like the trade for Chandler either because Trey has been playing well lately, and has shown the ability to be a decent 20mpg PG in the NBA i think. Unless we really do get Dragic, we're not even close to winning a playoff series. I do like the idea of getting a bigger wing (Chandler is bigger right?) to complement Hayward, because I like him playing SG more than SF.

I wanted the Jazz to do the Kanter for Dragic trade for awhile now, but with them getting Wright thats probably no chance of happening. Im one of the many that think Dragic would be great with this group.

I honestly don't see the Suns trading Dragic before the trade deadline. They won't make the playoffs, but they are tantalizingly close. They're going to want to keep him to make a push and then try to re-sign him. I don't think that the Suns have his Bird rights, so it's possible that they might not be able to pay him more than everyone else. Which theoretically means that the Jazz have a chance to possibly sign him outright. Imo, this is the only way that they get him.

They could put together a trade package for him, but I'd doubt that it includes Kanter. Since there's nothing to keep him from being a half year rental, I doubt anyone will pay too much to acquire him (could be wrong about that), but the Jazz do have assets to burn if they think they can resign him.

I'd love to acquire him, but Id prefer to see what they have in Kanter for the rest of this season in a 3 man rotation with Gobert/Favors before moving on. They have the assets. . . they should use them.

Dragic has to be worth more than just Kanter right?

Don't like the trade for Chandler either because Trey has been playing well lately, and has shown the ability to be a decent 20mpg PG in the NBA i think. Unless we really do get Dragic, we're not even close to winning a playoff series. I do like the idea of getting a bigger wing (Chandler is bigger right?) to complement Hayward, because I like him playing SG more than SF.
As much as I'd hate to trade an asset for a guy that they could have signed outright. . . I'd much rather have them try to get Carroll back over Wilson. Don't like the idea of trading Burke yet because he has been improving and his stock is super low right now. Buy low, sell high. Not the other way around. Quin is clearly having a positive impact on his development.

Dragic has a player option for 7.5 million next year and he plans to opt out. Doesn't make sense to trade for half a season of him.

Everyone wants Dragic. He's the Sun's best player. Even if there were the possibility of a trade, no way would Kanter and Clark be enough.

I like Wilson Chandler alot. He can even play some stretch 4.

Of course I like dragic..... we all do but I'm sure Phoenix does too and he is way expensive