What's new

NFL 2015 Season Discussion Thread

Ware and Talib are under contract and not going anywhere.

The bolded names don't need to be addressed IMO

Miller is getting the franchise tag. Clady has already offered to restructure to remain a Bronco. Either he will or Elway will ship him out.

Owen Daniels and Huereman will make Vernon Davis expendable. So we save money there as well.

Osweiler gets resigned and then Denver focuses on Trevathan and Jackson.

If they cannot convince CJ Anderson and Hillman to stay for decent prices they might be able to replace them with Forte. He already did an interview about wanting to come to Denver. You sell him on the chance to win.

The problems on that list are Caldwell, Jackson, Marshall, Trevethan and Bruton. Not all of them will be beck.

But this team will be right in the thick of it next year. They simply have to many returning pieces under a talented GM not to be.
They may be under contract but in the NFL they can easily be cut. And with the salaries they are owed next season it would not surprise me to see one or both gone. Cut both of those guys and you can possibly afford all of the other defenders on that list. Not sure that is worth it or not. But this defense is going to lose something next year.

Last edited:
They may be under contract but in the NFL they can easily be cut. And with the salaries they are owed next season it would not surprise me to see one or both gone. Cut both of those guys and you can possibly afford all of the other defenders on that list.

There is no way either are cut. Pairing Ware with Miller and Talib with Harris has been a smashing success.

There is no way either are cut. Pairing Ware with Miller and Talib with Harris has been a smashing success.
While you are likely correct. Talib makes 10+ Million next year, and Ware the same. If they keep both of them you can kiss Jackson, Bruton, Bolden, Trevathan and most of those other FA's goodbye. They are going to be hard pressed to keep their depth next season. Somebody has got to go. Talib has Roby backing him up, I think Roby is every bit as good as Talib. You have Barrett and Ray backing up Ware, and while neither was as good this year both could make huge strides next year. I am just looking for a way for this team to stay dominant on defense. While losing Ware or Talib is not ideal they are both making a lot of money and play positions of strength for this team. Losing Jackson, Marshall and Trevathan could cripple our inside front 7. I think Clady likely gets cut, even if he wants to restructure his deal I'm not sure he's willing to take the kind of pay cut Denver is going to want from him. Denver needs to keep Marshall, he is over looked on this defense filled with stars but is a key to our defense.

Elway has been great in years past. He has some difficult decisions coming up. I hope he has a plan to keep as much of this defense together as possible.

BTW I agree it's been a huge success. I'm just not sure how you continue to pay them when you have so many guys needing contracts.

They may be under contract but in the NFL they can easily be cut. And with the salaries they are owed next season it would not surprise me to see one or both gone. Cut both of those guys and you can possibly afford all of the other defenders on that list. Not sure that is worth it or not. But this defense is going to lose something next year.

It depends on what kind of cap hit Denver would endure when cutting them. It could be pretty high. But your general point is correct.

I wish guys like Ware and Manning would say, **** it, I'll play for a very incentive-laden contract next year with little in guarantees and base. Like 2-3M.

I wish guys like Ware and Manning would say, **** it, I'll play for a very incentive-laden contract next year with little in guarantees and base. Like 2-3M.
Even if Manning agreed to do that, which he won't. Denver doesn't want him. He's done and it's time for them to move on. Osweiler outplayed Manning this year. Only reason Manning was put back in the starting role is his leadership in the playoffs was needed.

Even if Manning agreed to do that, which he won't. Denver doesn't want him. He's done and it's time for them to move on. Osweiler outplayed Manning this year. Only reason Manning was put back in the starting role is his leadership in the playoffs was needed.

I agree.