What's new

NFL 2016 Season Thread

There are coins that fall on the same side every time.
Does one team typically provide the coin?

Are the patriots the team that always gets to choose heads or tails?

Does one team typically provide the coin?

Are the patriots the team that always gets to choose heads or tails?

I have no idea how the select who chooses, I guess it's by record in the superbowl. The league provides the coin. The league fixed it like I said all along.

I have no idea how the select who chooses, I guess it's by record in the superbowl. The league provides the coin. The league fixed it like I said all along.
Lol. I liked your antigravity explanation for the Edelman catch better though.

Isn't who chooses heads or tails the away team in a game? The SB alternates "home" team between AFC and NFC every year.

Isn't who chooses heads or tails the away team in a game? The SB alternates "home" team between AFC and NFC every year.

And it just so happened that Atlanta was the home team when they played the Patriots in the only overtime ever in the SB. Damn, this just keeps getting better.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz

Anyone that thinks ATL deserved a chance to get the ball in OT is a chump plain and simple, they gave up 25 unanswered points, don't want to hear it...

Anyone that thinks ATL deserved a chance to get the ball in OT is a chump plain and simple, they gave up 25 unanswered points, don't want to hear it...
We were talking about overtime rules. Team, game, etc don't matter.

Do you think a coin toss should be a determining factor in who wins a football game?

We were talking about overtime rules. Team, game, etc don't matter.

Do you think a coin toss should be a determining factor in who wins a football game?

I've been hearing it all day at work and can't call anyone at work a chump so I vented here, wasn't directed at anyone in particular, but to answer your question in the NFL yes I do. There's so many 3 and outs all game long, if you can't get a stop or hold the opposition to a FG in the NFL that's their problem not the rule imo.

Last edited:
I've been hearing it all day at work and can't call anyone at work a chump so I vented here, wasn't directed at anyone in particular, but to answer your question in the NFL yes I do. There's so many 3 and outs all game long, if you can't get a stop or hold the opposition to a FG in the NFL that's their problem not the rule imo.
You don't think it's dumb that a coin helps teams win? I find this shocking.

Btw [MENTION=2411]tfivas[/MENTION] in not necessarily saying there is a problem with the way overtime works (first team to score a TD wins) I'm saying I have a problem with how they determine who gets the ball first (coin toss).

Btw [MENTION=2411]tfivas[/MENTION] in not necessarily saying there is a problem with the way overtime works (first team to score a TD wins) I'm saying I have a problem with how they determine who gets the ball first (coin toss).

Oh OK ya I don't I have a problem with it being a coin toss either but also never thought about it before, I'd be open to ideas on how to improve it.

Once I realized the fix was in I turned it off. The real question is where the puppet master lies these days (especially considering how things are politically right now). Tom Brady destroyed all his coins today btw. That's interesting.

Once I realized the fix was in I turned it off. The real question is where the puppet master lies these days (especially considering how things are politically right now). Tom Brady destroyed all his coins today btw. That's interesting.

Russia

Oh OK ya I don't I have a problem with it being a coin toss either but also never thought about it before, I'd be open to ideas on how to improve it.

I love College OT. It makes it very exciting and much more fair.

Yes not being able to stop a team is a problem but some teams are offense oriented and so they lose the game on a coin toss. The statistics overwhelmingly favor the winner of the coin toss to winning the game. That seems silly to me. I think it is fair that if a team scores on the first possession after winning the coin toss that the other team should get a chance to score a touchdown. Another solution is to force teams that score on the first possession to go for a 2 point conversion and then give the other team a chance to match it. That way they are both in the same situation when they score. Another solution is to drop overtime. When the 4th quarter ends if the game is tied the game keeps going until anyone score and then they win. I think there are other solutions but I think its a long overdue problem they need to fix. It is fortunate that this is the first super bowl it has mattered in.

I'd like the college OT rules but would prefer that each team simply gets the ball on their own 40 so that they have to at least drive a decent distance to even get in field goal range and even further for the TD rather than just have a test at seeing who's essentially a better red zone offense like the current college OT rules where the ball starts on the opponent's 25.

I'd like the college OT rules but would prefer that each team simply gets the ball on their own 40 so that they have to at least drive a decent distance to even get in field goal range and even further for the TD rather than just have a test at seeing who's essentially a better red zone offense like the current college OT rules where the ball starts on the opponent's 25.

Agreed.