What's new

Just placed a bunch of bets for the year:

Bucs O9 wins—Brady alone should add +15 in turnover margin

Pats U9 wins—No Brady is no bueno

Bucs more wins than Pats—obvi why

Ravens U11.5 wins—Lamar can’t keep rushing that much. And 12 wins is ALOT in a division with Steelers and a Browns team that I think is improved

Brees O4,049.5 passing yards—added Emmanuel Sanders and always passes for over 4,000

Wentz O3,899 pass yards—did this with no weapons last year

Kenneth Murray as DROY at 22:1–He’ll start and lb’s can be productive from day one. Future stud.

Kyler Murray as MVP at 25:1–QB’s have taken massive leaps in year 2. Lamar won an MVP, Mahomes won an MVP and Wentz would have. The Cards just added Hopkins. And the kid can run his *** off. Monster stats are coming. Wins? We’ll see.

Mayfield as MVP at 35:1–I love that I’ve heard zero nonsense from him or Odell this off-season. And they added Austin Hooper. Think they can win 11-12 games if all goes right.

Kamara as MVP at 150:1–Kid is a freak and these odds are too good to pass up

Drake as MVP at 250:1–Kid was great as a starter last year—with the focus on Hopkins and Fitz, maybe he goes off for a whole season

Considering Wentz and Brees too, each at 16:1. I should do Mahomes too just to hedge. Maybe Russ too

https://kslsports.com/432606/salt-l...n-to-possibly-host-las-vegas-raiders-in-2020/

If the Raiders stadium isn't done in time SLC is being considered as a host city for the Raiders in the meantime.
Games would be played at Rice Eccles.
**** the Raiders but this would be awesome.
It would be the absolute awesome-est thing ever.
Only downside is that they would be playing NFL games in such a small stadium so tickets would either be impossible to get or extremely expensive.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

They'd be ridiculous and I'd likely never go because of that...but on the bright side it could be an audition for SLC to show that we should be considered in the future for an expansion or relocating team.
I honestly have no idea if we could support a franchise. I would be a huge fan day one of a franchise coming here though.

80k might be pushing it, that's Dallas stadium type of attendance numbers. AZ Cards capacity is around 64k and that seems more reasonable.

True, I guess NFL stadiums are generally smaller and much nicer than NCAA ones. The only NFL stadium I've been to is Heinz Field and it was so damn nice. It seats 68,000. I guess I've also been to the Cardinals Stadium. That was really nice too.

My point is we get over 100k out to college football games 14 times a year and those are to 2 very mediocre college teams, so I don't think an NFL team would have trouble filling a stadium of any size 8 times a year.

Last edited:
We could easily fill an 80k stadium 8-10 times a year. Easy.

Utah has a population of 3.2 million. That small number with its peoples propensity to devoutly worship on Sundays would make filling an 80,000 seat stadium tough. Nothing about it would be easy.

Utah has a population of 3.2 million. That small number with its peoples propensity to devoutly worship on Sundays would make filling an 80,000 seat stadium tough. Nothing about it would be easy.

As someone who lives here and sees how strict most of the Wasatch front is to not doing anything on Sunday, which is not that strict. I completely disagree. You only have to do it 8 times a year. I mean if they went 3 - 13 for a few years things might change but thats the same for everywhere.

As someone who lives here and sees how strict most of the Wasatch front is to not doing anything on Sunday, which is not that strict. I completely disagree. You only have to do it 8 times a year. I mean if they went 3 - 13 for a few years things might change but thats the same for everywhere.

Yeah, I don’t agree. Nothing is easy about filling an 80,000 person stadium for the reasons I mentioned. Or have the Jazz just not played Sunday home games out of coincidence?

Yeah, I don’t agree. Nothing is easy about filling an 80,000 person stadium for the reasons I mentioned. Or have the Jazz just not played Sunday home games out of coincidence?

That was a thing that started in the 80's. There is no reason to have it now. They play in Sundays in the playoffs and do just fine. Times have changed. Like I said, 2 mediocre and really boring college teams pull 110k every single week. An NFL team would absolutely pull 60k.

That was a thing that started in the 80's. There is no reason to have it now. They play in Sundays in the playoffs and do just fine. Times have changed. Like I said, 2 mediocre and really boring college teams pull 110k every single week. An NFL team would absolutely pull 60k.

This is much more complex than you make it. For one there are many weeks when BYU and the Utes don’t both play at home. So I’m sure there are some people who go to each of their games when the schedules allow it. Also, rabid college followings has little to do with how NFL teams will fare. Let’s also consider money. Many, many people will not shell out money for Cougars games AND an NFL franchise. They just won’t because they won’t have the money. And as a result one team will suffer. And money is huge here. The money to build a new NFL stadium is insane. And make no mistake, you’d have to build one. And in order to recoup those dollars, teams HAVE to charge a very exorbitant price. Prices that 60,000 people very well might not want to be pay.

FWIW I’m not saying it’s not possible. I think there a few reasons you could certainly support a team. But saying it would be easy just isn’t so imo.

https://kslsports.com/432606/salt-l...n-to-possibly-host-las-vegas-raiders-in-2020/

If the Raiders stadium isn't done in time SLC is being considered as a host city for the Raiders in the meantime.
Games would be played at Rice Eccles.
**** the Raiders but this would be awesome.

It would be the absolute awesome-est thing ever.
Only downside is that they would be playing NFL games in such a small stadium so tickets would either be impossible to get or extremely expensive.

It’s too bad the alcohol sales would prohibit BYU from letting them use LES for Thursday or Monday night games.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Lmao. Brady was just bad and showed his age, yes he has very talented wr’s but he’s going to be a year older and doesn’t have Bill Belichick to scheme things up, and Gronk can’t stay healthy and was retired a year meaning it will take time to get into game shape. I smell a pulled hamstring or two.

Lmao. Brady was just bad and showed his age, yes he has very talented wr’s but he’s going to be a year older and doesn’t have Bill Belichick to scheme things up, and Gronk can’t stay healthy and was retired a year meaning it will take time to get into game shape. I smell a pulled hamstring or two.

Belichick didn’t scheme **** up for Brady on offense you idiot. McDaniels did. And Arians is an equally if not stronger offensive mind. Hell, Winston’s numbers last year were amazing when you take out the interceptions.

Brady won’t make those mistakes Winston made. The Bucs lost Perriman but added Gronk.

So far as Brady’s receiving weapons last year, who were they after Edelman? I’ll wait. And please spare me James White and such. Those types (even Edelman) did nothing to stretch the field.

His weapons now are insane. I think they’ll trade Howard but even if they do, they’re loaded so far as weapons go. I did him at 26:1 to win MVP.

Belichick didn’t scheme **** up for Brady on offense you idiot. McDaniels did. And Arians is an equally if not stronger offensive mind. Hell, Winston’s numbers last year were amazing when you take out the interceptions.

Brady won’t make those mistakes Winston made. The Bucs lost Perriman but added Gronk.

So far as Brady’s receiving weapons last year, who were they after Edelman? I’ll wait. And please spare me James White and such. Those types (even Edelman) did nothing to stretch the field.

His weapons now are insane. I think they’ll trade Howard but even if they do, they’re loaded so far as weapons go. I did him at 26:1 to win MVP.
They aren’t trading Howard. Gronk seemed more like a plodder and couldn’t get separation in his last year. And anyone who thinks he will make it through the season has ignored the last 4-5 seasons. It’s not likely he misses 7+ games than even 2-3 games.

Well, today is the nfl draft. I'm now wondering what my Cardinals will do. There's a chance they'll trade down to pick up picks I heard. It'll be an interesting night for sure.