What's new

Off-season 2020 Conley Trade Ideas

34 y/o, a ****** contract that ****s us two more years after Conley, 32.8% from three last year, and terrible defense.
That's it? Lol.

Like I said prior, it's not perfect. It would have to be part of numerous dominoes, but I could see the value of that deal.

Hypothetically if Rudy is traded... Let's say Rudy is traded for Jaylen Brown or another wing. A move for Horford would be savvy depending on what else is added on by Philly.

Donovan
Brown/acquired wing
Royce/Ingles
Bojan
Horford
Clarkson 6th man

That's a really good team. Not ideal or perfect, but comparable to what we have now overall.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Actually I don't dislike Horford as a player (I'm not talking about his really trash contract)
To be clear: I obviously don't want him to play with our jersey, but IMO he isn't an awful player at all.

The Conley for Horford idea only makes sense if Philly is attaching something to Horford (picks, Josh Richardson, etc). On the court, Horford would do well for us. And I think Conley fits Philly very well too.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Just saw an article that posted a trade involving Conley that I thought was interesting. I don’t watch the knicks enough to know if this is a good trade or not but they had the jazz shipping Conley out for Dennis Smith jr., Elfrid Payton, and Bobby portis. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Just saw an article that posted a trade involving Conley that I thought was interesting. I don’t watch the knicks enough to know if this is a good trade or not but they had the jazz shipping Conley out for Dennis Smith jr., Elfrid Payton, and Bobby portis. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
If you believe in the Jazz ability to develop young players that is a great trade for the Jazz. I think Portis could be a good fit next to Gobert if he plays up to his potential. Mitchell is friends with Dennis Smith Jr and I think he has a lot of potential but has kind of sucked. But none of them are big or long contracts. So its more of a salary dump. Maybe if you could get a pick out of it then I would. Elfrid is a decent backup PG option and can play some decent defense and pass. He also has upside.

If you believe in the Jazz ability to develop young players that is a great trade for the Jazz. I think Portis could be a good fit next to Gobert if he plays up to his potential. Mitchell is friends with Dennis Smith Jr and I think he has a lot of potential but has kind of sucked. But none of them are big or long contracts. So its more of a salary dump. Maybe if you could get a pick out of it then I would. Elfrid is a decent backup PG option and can play some decent defense and pass. He also has upside.

Mike to NY for cap space, Frankie Smokes, some good second round picks, and maybe Portis (I'd rather have the cap space)... would make us much better. I am convinced that we are better without him (assuming JC stays)... if we can get a prospect and some picks while freeing up the MLE to address the wing then I think we are better overall.

Mike is the least efficient shooter of our top 8 players. He's the worst defender in the starting lineup. He touches the ball a little too much for what we need and he hasn't been able to get Rudy the ball. Either bring him off the bench or trade him.

Smith sux though and I hear his attitude is garbage. Frank would help link Rudy and DM... he's buddies with DM and he's French so him and Rudy have to be bros right? (no idea if they have a relationship... but they'd have something in common).