What's new

Pretty good trade Idea?

juds101

I came across this article this morning that said if you want Casspi you need to take a long term contract back. So what do you guys think?

https://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=27qr87z

Works in 2 ways for Utah, gives them the tax relief while giving them steady pieces for the future. Garcia is so multi talented and Casspi is going to be a great piece for the future. That might be able to turn into a future star?

Plus I think that this trade is better then taking on Boris D. for Ak.

No offense, but I really don't want ANYBODY on the Kings right now. Although I'd do that trade in a heartbeat, we'd get a HUGE TPE out of it as well.

I'd do it. The money savings are huge, and could get the Jazz into the luxury receiving end of things. That would be valuable cash for the future with Young Miller in control.

I doubt it wouldn't hurt the Jazz much, and might help. I don't see it as a huge change, however.

Stern--I don't know about taking on anyone from the Kings. They are losers right now. They have talent but can't put much of anything together. Some of those guys would get real hungry on a winning squad, others will carry the lose mentality with them.

No offense, but I really don't want ANYBODY on the Kings right now. Although I'd do that trade in a heartbeat, we'd get a HUGE TPE out of it as well.

Incorrecto. Tyreke Evans would be just so boss.

Stop the presses but here's a trade suggestion I actually like. It would help the Jazz both financially as well as on the court.

My only doubt is that in giving up Caspi, I suspect Geoff Petrie would balk and want to include Beno Udrih (either with or in place of Garcia) which would be a deal-breaker for me but Caspi and Garcia for AK's expiring would be a great trade, especially considering the Jazz likely won't have a draft pick as well in addition to $59.8 million in salaries already committed for 2011-12 (although Ante Tomic could potentially be considered our 1st-round pick next season).

Sacramento won't take back salary according to the rumors online, so this probably wouldn't work. The one trade that they actually might be interested in based off of internet rumors is a Fess for Landry swap. We'd have to throw in a TPE but it would definitely fill an immediate need (somebody who can take over Millsap's former role coming in off the bench)

This is a trade Idea that I would do.

Stern does Sacramento not want to take back Salary long term or at all is the question. AK is an expiring so they really would only have his salary until the end of the year. I completely understand them not wanting to take back any salary long term though.

The Fes for Landry deal I would also do.

It really depends upon what Sacramento is thinking they want to do long term. I don't understand why they would want to trade a good player like Casspi (who only is making 1.2 Million) just to dump somebody else. If they're trying to dump immediate salary to try and be a player in the upcoming FA market, then I can understand this trade. If not, why in the world would they do it? The Jazz are big winners in this one, unless all that the Kings want to do is dump salary for next season ASAP.

https://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=2897bdd

Maybe Utah would have to throw in the max 3 million. But the money they would be saving would be hugh and I dont think Utah would skip a beat with this trade other then get a deeper bench. I really like this trade for Utah.

Another idea Utah throws in Hayward and takes back Thompson. Bigger then Carl and can play both the pf/center spots and hes pretty cheap. I just like Fez for the playoffs if we need another big body to throw at Denver or whoever. Which might open the door to a possible Okur trade if we picked up Thompson or Carl for Hayward. I dont know but I hope Kevin C. can pull this off!!

Ak, Hayward and 3 million for Garcia, Casspi, Thompson is a big win for the Jazz!