What's new

Quotes from Thursday Pelicans' forums-"What the f*** did we do to Donovan Mitchell?"

The issue will be getting those semi-open catch-and-shoot three’s. Despite how many we’re taking, they can be limited by really good defense. When a really good, physical, defensive team like the Clippers are capable of switching everything, blowing up our pick and rolls and hand offs, and forcing us to play more one-on-one it will be tough to generate the same quality looks. The difference between other years (particularly vs. the Rockets and Warriors) and now is we have 3 bonafide elite guards who can break down pretty much any defense and get good shots for themselves and create for others.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
I agree with what you are saying but my comment was about how the Clippers are above the Jazz. I do not believe they are. Jazz have already beaten the Clippers and historical have owned them. Even recent history we have had a lot of success. Clippers have two stars but PG is very inconsistent and has not played well against us. Will it be easy or could the Jazz lose against the Clippers? Of course but the comment made it sound as though the Jazz couldn't beat the Clippers.
What was so upsetting about losing to Denver last year besides blowing a 3-1 lead was the fact that we were scheduled to play the Clippers and I thought we had a very good chance to beat them. Clippers chemistry seems better this year but I do not think their depth is better. It will be interesting to see what happens but I am excited about the possibilities.