What's new

Short notice, but... Flaming Gorge anyone?

TroutBum

My Member's Premium
Contributor
I'm leaving late tonight/early A.M. to go fish Flaming Gorge. Archie was planning on going with me, but just pussed out last minute. So, I've got a spot in my Sexy-as-Sin Prius if anyone wants to join me. I have to be back in the SLC by 6pm tomorrow night, so it will be a semi-fast trip -- but who cares, you can sleep to and fro, and I'll put you on some big fish. You probably better have a float tube or pontoon boat. If not, you'll be fishing all by your lonesome on the shore (which isn't a big deal, really -- I've caught plenty that way, and now is just as good a time as any to get into 'em). I've got an extra battery and trolling motor if you need it.

Text me ASAP if you want in: 801-641-7641

I pussed out on you? First off, it was to Strawberry and I have to work. Second off, I've already caught a kokanee rainbow.

Damn, you're about a week late. I got absolutely swamped at work last week. Boss man is even out of town so I could have done it on the sly.

I pussed out on you? First off, it was to Strawberry and I have to work. Second off, I've already caught a kokanee rainbow.

That sucks because it's hot hot hot. Everyone's catching 4-5 lb'ers just past the moss, as fast as you can bait your hookers.

What kind of Fish are in Utah Lake? I saw these homeless looking guys today while exploring the shoreline that had this little corner under wraps and they had about 1000 fish(probably not that many, but looked like it) just trapped this little area just trying to pole them. They were big suckers though. If those babies are edible, they'll have food for awhile.

What kind of Fish are in Utah Lake? I saw these homeless looking guys today while exploring the shoreline that had this little corner under wraps and they had about 1000 fish(probably not that many, but looked like it) just trapped this little area just trying to pole them. They were big suckers though. If those babies are edible, they'll have food for awhile.

carp

mud cats
channel cats
white bass
LMB
perch
blue Gill
walleye
june Sucker
crappie

You have to be the only person in the UTC that doesn't know about Utah Lake carp.

BTW, I'm going to open a carp fish taco stand after I get fired so don't buy from franklin's fish tacos if you don't like carp. @ $0.11/lb I'm guaranteed to make at least 68 greasy dollar bills per day.

I've read about the destruction they've caused and everything, I'm just not sure what they look like and didn't realize that they are just everywhere. I just like to explore.....I don't fish.

I'll come in on the carp taco venture. We'll put Diego's out of business.

I've read about the destruction they've caused and everything, I'm just not sure what they look like and didn't realize that they are just everywhere. I just like to explore.....I don't fish.

I'll come in on the carp taco venture. We'll put Diego's out of business.

If you can find a market for them then you'd make a million bucks. The Loy's used to commercially farm them until a PCB scare killed their market. To my knowledge, this came from one sample in one fish, and has never been verified (just like the mussels in Electric Lake myth that comes from one DNA test, but they've never found a single mussel in the lake nor on the valves at the nearby power plants that are regularly checked and should be loaded with the things).

Now the carp aren't good enough to feed inmates for basically free, and there are too many for the mink farms in Lehi to gobble up.

I'm probably going to Strawberry tomorrow if anyone wants to go.

Ugh. I got lazy and went there this morning... Long day, not much luck. Caught one single cutthroat about four hours into it, didn't have a sniff other than that. A lot of fish on sonar, and some old turd came by me who said he was slaying them with a "Green Frog Flat Fish" -- whatever the hell that is -- but they didn't like anything I threw at them.

I'd advise somewhere else, to be honest.

Ugh. I got lazy and went there this morning... Long day, not much luck. Caught one single cutthroat about four hours into it, didn't have a sniff other than that. A lot of fish on sonar, and some old turd came by me who said he was slaying them with a "Green Frog Flat Fish" -- whatever the hell that is -- but they didn't like anything I threw at them.

You got to sink that bait, son. You see, them fish go deeper when it gets this hot n you can't strip line across the top of the water.

Actually, I don't know the first thing about fly fishing so where were you and wut using? Kind of surprised a master fisherman like yourself had no luck up there when it's been so good.

I know you like to fly fish but I get lots of kokanee by using a dodger with a pink squid below on a downrigger about 30 feet down in the deep channels

This of course is only when buddy who owns a boat is kind enough to take me

He's not so much as master fisherman as he is in putting the bait on the hook. Call him a master, ummm....

I'm going fishing tomorrow.

I don't know where we are fishing, I don't have a fishing license or fishing pole, and I dont know how to tie a line or anything.

However, I am pretty good at drinking beer so it should be a good trip.