What's new

Sorry Jazz fans – Ben is the NBA Rookie of the Year

Dumb is not to accept that those two give them 40 points and 20 rebounds in a game. I don't think Simmons is the reason for that.

76ers really stepped up to win in the second half. They shot from 3 incredibly well 18 for 28.. I'm not sure that is sustainable but that will win you most games.

That win had very little to do with Simmons though. He shoot poorly 5 for 13. He had 0 contested rebounds. A lot of them were just clear outs on missed fts the team let him get. His assists were okay but inflated stat again. Mostly just passed to an open guy coming off a screen on hot shooters. Oh Simmons also had 5 turnovers. He did shoot his fts well though.

Bellinili won that game along Reddick who blew up in the second half. Even Ilyasova and Saric had a big impact.

76ers win that game regardless of Simmons playing.

76ers have a good scheme and good shooters.

76ers really stepped up to win in the second half. They shot from 3 incredibly well 18 for 28.. I'm not sure that is sustainable but that will win you most games.

That win had very little to do with Simmons though. He shoot poorly 5 for 13. He had 0 contested rebounds. A lot of them were just clear outs on missed fts the team let him get. His assists were okay but inflated stat again. Mostly just passed to an open guy coming off a screen on hot shooters. Oh Simmons also had 5 turnovers. He did shoot his fts well though.

Bellinili won that game along Reddick who blew up in the second half. Even Ilyasova and Saric had a big impact.

76ers win that game regardless of Simmons playing.

76ers have a good scheme and good shooters.

They would.not have scored 40 pts without Ben giving them uncontested
3 point shots.

Siimmons was one rebound short of a triple double and he had little to do with the win ? So bitter.

Last edited:
Siimmons was one rebound short of a triple double and he had little to do with the win ? So bitter.
I'm not bitter, I'm happy they won. I cheered for them.

But lol at triple double mattering in winning.

Simmons had a bad game, his teammates were incredible from 3 and won the game.

To me it looked like system assists. Guys were getting open either on screens or cuts. Any NBA pg could've made them -- heck I could've made some of them. They were simple passes.

Everyone knows that Ben is arguably the best passer in the nba with incredible court vision and basketball IQ. These abilities allow him to pick up so many assists regardless what system he plays in.

If a point guard getting triple doubles is all that matters I guess that is why OKC went 82-0.

Oh wait...

Donovan will be great in this series, he has to be. He will take this challenge on head on. He will have some rough spots I’m sure, but I have no doubt Donovan will be just as impressive....while the Jazz play a much tougher team than the 76ers just did.

I think Simmons will step up and be better in game 2. I assume the law of averages will probably kick in and 76ers wont shoot any where near that level from 3 at some point in this series and the only way they will win at that point is if Simmons really steps up or when Embiid comes back. Philly averages 36% from 3. They shot almost double that percentage at 64%.

Simmons played at a really high level with Embiid out for the most part to end the season (probably the reason he will end up winning ROY) but this was not one of those games.

Simmons is just hard to cheer for, I assume if he ever becomes a player that matters in the league he will be hated around the league by other players and fans. His personality is rough and on the court he throws elbows and shoulders a lot and tries to run into guys after every make of his own or from the other team when they switch directions. Those are things that if its your guy or team you dont mind but if its not you will dislike him.

Jesus this thread is still going? if i found a hooker that worked this hard for so little, i'd pimp the bitch
Yeah, nobody cares or takes the OP serious on this board. Its just a place to discuss this topic. Responding to him just makes it easier and its entertaining to read his silly comments.

If no one responded to troll threads or posts this board would be pretty quiet...

Full disclosure I'm Australian - I don't really follow teams, more so Aussie players - so have been watching Utah games since Exum was drafted and have been devastated with his injuries over the past 4 seasons, this season I've watched tons of games from both 76ers and Jazz.

Both DM and Simmons are awesome players. Hard to compare due to different positions, body type, game styles, team methodology etc.

One interesting thing is the comparison of the conferences people bring up, it's not a debate that the East is weaker and has been for some time. An interesting stat I looked at was 76ers record vs West compared with Utah vs East, surprised me.

76ers vs West = 18-12 60%
Jazz vs East = 14-16 46%

both teams had identical records against own conference opponents 34-18 65%.

both players awesome, both teams have overachieved, go basketball.

Full disclosure I'm Australian - I don't really follow teams, more so Aussie players - so have been watching Utah games since Exum was drafted and have been devastated with his injuries over the past 4 seasons, this season I've watched tons of games from both 76ers and Jazz.

Both DM and Simmons are awesome players. Hard to compare due to different positions, body type, game styles, team methodology etc.

One interesting thing is the comparison of the conferences people bring up, it's not a debate that the East is weaker and has been for some time. An interesting stat I looked at was 76ers record vs West compared with Utah vs East, surprised me.

Jazz vs East = 14-16 46%

Solid first post, welcome aboard.

Jazz vs East = 14-16 46%

Welcome mate. Nearly enough of us for a cricket team here now.

Talking about cricket, it is a shame that
both Smith and Warner have been banned for 1 year for ball tampering. We might not see them for next year's ashes.

**** em, they're a disgrace, both deserved it, good on the ACB for setting some standards and holding them responsible. No one is bigger than the game, the Australian captain is supposed to embody what cricket is about in this country and it sure as **** ain't cheating.

**** em, they're a disgrace, both deserved it, good on the ACB for setting some standards and holding them responsible. No one is bigger than the game, the Australian captain is supposed to embody what cricket is about in this country and it sure as **** ain't cheating.

The one year ban is just too harsh imo.
Every test team did ball tampering and they didn't even punish their players ~ Trescothick, du plesis, atherton, tendulkar
all did it and they hardly got punished by their cricket assosiations. A 3 test matches ban is more appropriate in my opinion.

The one year ban is just too harsh imo.
Every test team did ball tampering and they didn't even punish their players ~ Trescothick, du plesis, atherton, tendulkar
all did it and they hardly got punished by their cricket assosiations. A 3 test matches ban is more appropriate in my opinion.

Just because other countries don’t have standards or ethics doesn’t mean we shouldn’t. Those clowns deserved everything they got for blatant stone cold cheating. And more for being so stupid about it.