What's new

Start AK at PF?

Start AK at PF?

• Start AK at PF

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Keep Millsap starting (when he comes back)

Votes: 8 53.3%

• Total voters

Twin Towers

If you watched last night game you would have noticed a how good we looked in the 2nd half once AK started playing the PF position.

We were rotating on defense better. We were moving more on offense. The court was spread a lot better.

It was fun to watch. But it was only 1 half so I can say it will always work. I do think that AK should be playing half of his game at the PF spot though.

Harris - Watson
Bell - Miles
Hayward - Miles
AK - Millsap
Jefferson - Favors

Favors can still get his 20 minutes a game if he isn't in foul trouble. AK would play more SF in games where we need to play bigger. But we would have the luxury to switch back and forth to confuse the opposing teams.

I think we all saw our offense improve last night when AK was at power forward. I think our offense looks stagnant in the first quarter and this lineup gives us more movement. Maybe Miles starts over Hayward. But it seems Millsap will never be fully healthy for the final couple of weeks. I know we don't want Bell starting but we have to be realistic.

I thought AK should be starting at pf this season all along. Having said that, last night's second half performance was more due to the Bulls being up by 30 and not giving a full effort.

Yes AK is better at PF especially now that he has lost some speed. The problem with that is Millsap has to go to the bench and he is the best player on this team.

Absolutely agree, sir!!
Been sayin' AK needs much more PT at PF for some time now. When the rather large Lakers come to town, he's prolly better at SF. Let Millsap back him up at SF vs the Lakers and give Favors more PT at PF, as Millsap can't guard Gasol, or Aldridge of the Blazers either. The Jazz coaches need to be more realistic about matchups on the court, and get away from this "set rotation" concept Sloan was locked into... It is good to see Corbin tryin' some unusual combos, but he needs to do it BEFORE we're down 30 points, dang it!!

Starting AK at pf was a good idea the first game of the season, and even up to the all star break. Now? Not a good idea.

Favors should be starting at pf.

Lets not kid ourselves, this season is over. We traded our best player for the youngest player in the league and 2 lottery picks. We are clearly looking towards the future. We should be starting the young guys and playing them as many minutes as they can handle.

Starting AK at pf was a good idea the first game of the season, and even up to the all star break. Now? Not a good idea.

Lets not kid ourselves, this season is over. We traded our best player for the youngest player in the league and 2 lottery picks. We are clearly looking towards the future. We should be starting the young guys and playing them as many minutes as they can handle.

iawtp. This is reality. The Jazz coaching staff and front office live in a fantasy world where the playoffs are still a possibility.

This.

Screw AK.

We need to give Favors and Hayward as much PT as possible. If this franchise is to survive, those 2 will need to grow up... Fast.

Having them as rookies (again) next year might doom this franchise.

This.

Screw AK.

We need to give Favors and Hayward as much PT as possible. If this franchise is to survive, those 2 will need to grow up... Fast.

Having them as rookies (again) next year might doom this franchise.

Fully agree with this. Even though I started this post about AK. I fully agree that Favors and Hayward should both be playing 25 minutes a night at the minimum. I hate this attitude we have on this team. But in reality I don't see it changing. Even if its the last 5 games of the year and we are out of the playoffs....... I still see the lineups the same. That is what makes me sick about this.

In reality AK would give us the best chance to win if we are talking about what Corbin might do. Because I just don't see Favors starting even though I think he should.

I would like to see AK actually NOT signed next summer
Bell traded for nothing
Millsap (Maybe include Miles) traded for a starting caliber wing player.
Package our 2 lottery picks to move up in the draft to get the best available SG or SF

Harris
Hayward
Evans
Favors
Jefferson
Okur
Fesenko
Miles (Maybe)

Let the rest of them go and hopefully Millsap brings back value and we draft correctly. We have some good key pieces for the future.

God I wish half the people on here were as logical as you. Favors and Hayward should be playing 35 minutes a game over the next 15.

God I wish half the people on here were as logical as you. Favors and Hayward should be playing 35 minutes a game over the next 15.

This is about the 10th thread with this idea in it. I think this is nearly a consensus on JazzFanz at this point. It only makes sense. It is stupid to give Bell 30+ min per night when we all know we are playing for a lottery pick, not a win, let alone the post season. Give Hayward, Favors and even Evans some burn.

Really?

really? ur aksing this? really? i'd rather start cj miles at center.

translation i dont want to see AK ever again on the court

I don't see enough games to really advise, but...
I like Bell and Kirilenko, and I'd also like to see Favors and Hayward get plenty of minutes IF Corbin thinks that the minutes is helping , not hurting , their development.
In fact , I'd like to see AK, Favors, and Hayward all on the court together. There is plenty of room. Let Millsap sit until he is healthy.

I agree Favors is the future at PF, maybe even C, but at 19 I'm not that sure he's quite ready to be a starter.
Evans hasn't really spent time at SF that I'm aware of, not even in practice. I agree that's the direction we should go but he needs to spend the summer with a coach learning the nuances of SF, s well as just getting stronger.
Next year's starting lineup of Harris, Hayward, Evans, Favors, and Jefferson works for me...