What's new

Summer League Game 1 Highlights

Thanks! I watched the first quarter live and expected to be able to see the rest this morning, but their is a glitch on my end or league pass that won't let me watch it.

It looks like it was an extremely entertaining game. The main thing that stands out to me is that we look a step slower in the first half. One thing to keep in mind for these summer league games is that they are practicing and playing on the same day and then play back to backs. It will effect shot making.

Edey looks legit. He does move slow, but he's just so big and is so competitive he makes up for it. I wish Walker looked a little better, but I thought he was fine. Cody Williams had some great moments and Collier looks like a true point guard.

The thing I hate about Highlight videos is that you don't get to see a lot of good defense. Everybody's defense looked bad, but most discouraging was Hendricks. I'll try and figure out how to watch the whole game and pay more attention.

I’m not sure if it shows up on highlights, but Taylor Hendricks came up huge when he needed to at the end. Two big offensive plays (no hesitation catch and shoot three followed by a fast break dunk assisted by Collier) and then he was the main guy on the ball at the end one on one against GG when the Grizzlies just needed one more score to win in overtime. His defense forced a couple of bad shots/turnovers at critical moments.

I’m not sure if it shows up on highlights, but Taylor Hendricks came up huge when he needed to at the end. Two big offensive plays (no hesitation catch and shoot three followed by a fast break dunk assisted by Collier) and then he was the main guy on the ball at the end one on one against GG when the Grizzlies just needed one more score to win in overtime. His defense forced a couple of bad shots/turnovers at critical moments.

It showed the 3, but not the defense on GG. That's good to hear.

Edey looks legit. He does move slow, but he's just so big and is so competitive he makes up for it. I wish Walker looked a little better, but I thought he was fine. Cody Williams had some great moments and Collier looks like a true point guard.

The thing I hate about Highlight videos is that you don't get to see a lot of good defense. Everybody's defense looked bad, but most discouraging was Hendricks. I'll try and figure out how to watch the whole game and pay more attention.

Walker played pretty damn well, especially on defense. When he did get the ball, he got it in poor position or tossed at his ankles.

One of my favorite plays was from Filip. He drove the lane spun off of someone and dumped it to Kessler for a reverse layup. It didn’t look in the least awkward, but natural to him. He also had a play where he drove baseline did a euro step and dumped it off to I forget who who missed the layup. He didn’t hit his 3 ball but it was probably one of those nights.

I loved what I saw from Collier offensively. His shot looked good, showed some physicality getting into the hoop and he dropped six dimes, he actually looks like a better point guard than key quite frankly.

Cody Williams game was kind of hard to judge. He seemed nonexistent in what the Jazz are trying to do. He did have a couple nice buckets, and for the most part looked decent on defense.

Looks like he still has those legendary stretches where he can’t make a shot. I think he took 21 shots for 30 points. In a league game I would hope if he took that many shots he’d get at least 45 points I think at one point he missed his last nine or 10 shots, if Isaiah Collier ends up being really good does that make key expendable?

I thought one of the great plays that inspired some hope in what's to come was a drive by Key who passed it to a diving Kessler who again had a nice pass out to a corner three (Brice?).
Also worth mentioning Walker's defense down the line. Grizzlies had, what? 4 attempts at getting that final bucket to win it, and Walker was the main reason at least two of them missed.

I watched a lot of the game, but not all of it. I’m encouraged by the fact that all of the Jazz young players - Kessler, Key, Hendricks, Cody, Collier, Sensabaugh, Flip, Lofton and even Bazley had flashes of potential. This might end up being a rough season, but days Ike this are very encouraging.

Edey does look NBA ready. Not super fun to watch, but, has NBA skills.

Collier and Filip look ready, as well. Both will fit in nicely. Cody's game will translate, and he'll just pop off one day. Let it come to him.

Really happy with Sensabaugh, looked for his shot early and often. Which is what we will see from Cody in the coming weeks.

Hendricks looked lost in the first half, then figured it out. Would expect more playing time from him, to get adjusted.

You could or should see less and less of Kessler and George. Let's get more time for the rookies, especially Collier. With George playing off the ball, he will get some good time this year during the season. Needs to work on turnovers.

Want to see Bacot and Filip play together. With Lofton, Cody and Collier.

5-21. Ouch

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

Locke said on his show today GG wasn't an NBA level rotation player.... wtf? He said Edey was the only NBA player out there Jazz faced last night. Man some people have some blinders on! He won't go 0-10 from 3 again but to say he's not an NBA player? lol

Locke said on his show today GG wasn't an NBA level rotation player.... wtf? He said Edey was the only NBA player out there Jazz faced last night. Man some people have some blinders on! He won't go 0-10 from 3 again but to say he's not an NBA player? lol
in fairness he said nba level rotation player. and maybe he meant on a winning team as a rotation guy who helps a winning team be better. i tend to agree that he's wrong about that, but he hasn't proven to be that yet. also, he's only 19 - kind of a dumb thing to say about any 19 year old with real potential.

then he went on and said he doesn't see GG fitting in and complimenting players, did he not see Edey & GG playing NBA JAM with crafty passes to the big man? dude is 6'9, 19 yrs old and their primary onball defender guarding our point guard. And locke just doesn't see it.

Edey is going to be a huge problem if he develops solid court vision. At his size he gets passing lanes that no one else gets and he's so big that you have to double if he has decent post position.

Like I said before. There is a risk that Collier could hurt the tank. This team has lacked high level points guard play and now we may have gotten it

Back