What's new

Taking a stand against slavery

Al-O-Meter

It is about time that we got serious about addressing the great sin of chattel slavery. While no slave holders from the 1860’s are alive today, some of their enablers are, and that is why I cheer the new legislation in Florida to decertify and ban any political party who ever supported slavery.

If you aren’t a white supremacist or if you ever believed slavery to be wrong then I hope you’ll lend a voice of support for Florida’s ‘Ultimate Cancel Act’ to hold accountable political institutions who supported slavery.

While no slave holders from the 1860’s are alive today, some of their enablers are,
May I have a list of currently alive people who enabled chattel slavery in the US?

and that is why I cheer the new legislation in Florida to decertify and ban any political party who ever supported slavery.
Like the Republican Party in 1856?

This Convention of Delegates, assembled in pursuance of a call addressed to the people of the United States, without regard to past political differences or divisions, who are opposed to the repeal of the Missouri Compromise;

In case you've forgotten, the MIssouri Compromise established regions for chattel slavery:

It's always funny reflecting on the lies modern-day Republicans tell themselves.

Like the Republican Party in 1856?

I understand why you teach math rather than reading comprehension. From your source on the 1856 Republican platform:
we deny the authority of Congress, of a Territorial Legislation, of any individual, or association of individuals, to give legal existence to Slavery in any Territory of the United States ... it is both the right and the imperative duty of Congress to prohibit in the Territories those twin relics of barbarism--Polygamy, and Slavery.

I understand why you teach math rather than reading comprehension. From your source on the 1856 Republican platform:
Yet, you completely failed in your reading comprehension. "Territory" (when capitalized) was, and is, distinct from "state". The Republican platform supported slavery in slave states.

Honestly, at first I wasn't sure if you were serious, because this is so obviously a self-own. I'm still not sure. You're not really that dumb, are you?

Yet, you completely failed in your reading comprehension. "Territory" (when capitalized) was, and is, distinct from "state". The Republican platform supported slavery in slave states.
You do know what 'reading comprehension' is, right? Find me anywhere in your linked 1856 platform document where you read the "Republican platform supported slavery in slave states". Or did you forget to use your green text?

Find me anywhere in your linked 1856 platform document where you read the "Republican platform supported slavery in slave states".
I not only found it, I quoted it. They supported the Missouri Compromise. That means they not only supported slavery in current slave states, they supported the creation of new slave states south of the 36-30 latitude, and the return of escaped slaves to slave states. If you support a compromise that supports slavery, you are supporting slavery.

I not only found it, I quoted it. They supported the Missouri Compromise. That means they not only supported slavery in current slave states, they supported the creation of new slave states south of the 36-30 latitude, and the return of escaped slaves to slave states. If you support a compromise that supports slavery, you are supporting slavery.
damnit