What's new

The Jazz 2014-15

Doublea

This article was pretty good:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...t-the-utah-jazz-during-the-2014-15-nba-season

A few notable statements:

"In the three-point era (starting in 1979-80), Burke's field goal percentage of 36.8 ranks dead last among 272 NBA sophomores who played at least as many minutes."

-Thats not good right?

"Ingles shot 40.1 percent from three-point range from January 1 on."

-I didn't realize this.

"Among Jazz players with at least 500 minutes, Millsap's Net Rating of plus-5.6 was the best on the team."

-Millsap needs to watch every minute of Tony Allen this last season and we can hope that he becomes something like that.

Dante Exum had a 34.9 fg%.... yikes.

We went from last in defense in 2013-14 to 12th in 2104-15.

Jazz Point Differential by Month
October: -14.5
November: -4.7
December: -1.4
January: -.1
February +4
March +4.6
April +5.8

"In the three-point era (starting in 1979-80), Burke's field goal percentage of 36.8 ranks dead last among 272 NBA sophomores who played at least as many minutes."

-Thats not good right?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no, not good. First on my list of needs to improve is trading Burke, or at least limiting him to actual backup minutes. Can't go into next year with Trey playing a similar role as last year.

"Among Jazz players with at least 500 minutes, Millsap's Net Rating of plus-5.6 was the best on the team."

-Millsap needs to watch every minute of Tony Allen this last season and we can hope that he becomes something like that.

Not too concerned with lilsap, tbh. Same deal as Trey, in that he'll either be involved in a trade or his role should be very limited.

It's also impressive that we had the 15th best offense, with how bad our point guards where and how we felt not all of our guys are good at offense.

It's a shame it took us 80 odd years to get there, but to maintain a defense like that for 11 years is something to be proud of.
Is the OP Marty McFly. Has he taken another trip even farther into the future?
BTTF.jpg