What's new

The Jazz need to add a dynamic wing...

He's limited off the dribble and from mid-range. Not my first choice. Ideally, he's a guy who shoots 3s and attacks close-outs. The Jazz need a guy who can create a bit off the dribble and shoot more off the dribble.

Douchebag.
Those guys don’t score 20 ppg on .600 TS%. Bojan is a terrific and versatile offensive player, he just brings nothing else to the table and he’s old.

The Jazz scored 78 points last night and basically shrunk down to a 6-man rotation in the 2nd half.
Way to pick one game for your case and ignore the SIX that aren’t convenient for your argument.

We won’t disagree that we need a potent and versatile scorer that’s a complete basketball player and in his 20’s. Those players aren’t available.

Marcus Smart has always screamed “Jazz type” to me and I’m still bitter we took Exum instead of him. He’d be a great fit next to Donovan, but I’m not sure he’s gettable.

Way to pick one game for your case and ignore the SIX that aren’t convenient for your argument.

We won’t disagree that we need a potent and versatile scorer that’s a complete basketball player and in his 20’s. Those players aren’t available.

Anyone potentially draft worthy in our range that could potentially fit the bill?

Anyone potentially draft worthy in our range that could potentially fit the bill?
Giving a **** about the draft has always been a particular waste of time and only in recent years have I been making it a point to behave accordingly.

In other word’s I couldn’t tell you anything specific to this draft, but generally speaking, no, the odds are extremely low.

Giving a **** about the draft has always been a particular waste of time and only in recent years have I been making it a point to behave accordingly.

In other word’s I couldn’t tell you anything specific to this draft, but generally speaking, no, the odd’s are extremely low.

Truer words have never been spoken.

It's the age-old challenge: an elite guard cannot carry a team's offense on his own, even if he's Dame, Kyrie, Derrick Rose, James Harden, or Allen Iverson. There has to be a triple-threat player on the wing to complement Donovan. I love me some Royce and Joe, but those guys are 3D and glue guys. The Jazz need a wing who can score at three levels. Bogdanovic would have made a difference in this series, but he's still more of a spot-up shooter and floor spacer.

Thanks.
Captain Obvious

Bogey is way more than a spot up shooter and floor spacer.

you never have enough scorers. we cannot depend upon DM scoring 40-50 pts. Both Joe and Royce are bench players. They are liabilities on offense for one reason, they tend to defer to the stars when starting. Joe and Royce pass up to many shots. Coming off the bench they could have more responsibility in the offense and more freedom to shoot. If they happen to be playing well then keep them in. Jazz also need more length and athleticism. It was plain to see how much more athletic and long Denver was to our guys. The bench needs to be greatly improved if we are going to win in the playoffs.

How about adding Jack Landale as a big to give JIngles an Aussie buddy and Trevon Bluiett as a wing. Both were 2nd team All-Americans during their senior year of college. Landale put up some sick numbers in last year's Vegas Summer League. Bluiett played for the Stars last year and showed he can shoot.

He's limited off the dribble and from mid-range. Not my first choice. Ideally, he's a guy who shoots 3s and attacks close-outs. The Jazz need a guy who can create a bit off the dribble and shoot more off the dribble.

Douchebag.
He’ll never be a great passer, but he isn’t a ballstopper. Spot up, attack close outs, kick it back out to a shooter if necessary. Rinse repeat. We need an upgraded defense worse than any suped-up version of spot up, attack close outs, kick it back out if necessary.

Douchebag.

Lol mate wtf are you watching ?? His shooting from midrange to 3 is gold, he can post up particularly off mismatches and he can get to the rim off the dribble

just grab the guy with the highest physical upside from the draft/market and teach him basketball. if the kid failed to turn into something then we know FOR SURE that it is the coach's fault. It's really hard to blame Quin when he's stuck with guys like Niang and Bradley who are physically uncoachable.

you simply can't teach height, physicality and athleticism to players who aren't born with these traits.

Yeah, for sure. It’s always the coach’s fault when a player doesn’t pan out.

How about adding Jack Landale as a big to give JIngles an Aussie buddy and Trevon Bluiett as a wing. Both were 2nd team All-Americans during their senior year of college. Landale put up some sick numbers in last year's Vegas Summer League. Bluiett played for the Stars last year and showed he can shoot.

I’d prefer Jack Lalanne.