What's new

The *official* Election Day Game Thread!

Let this sink in for a minute. Donald Trump was the POTUS. He was followed by Joe Biden. 2 of the most delusional, desperate, full of ****, losers, american politics has to offer. Holy Jesus Christ. WTF. What an absolute disaster. The VP's are Mike Pence. Lololol. And Kamala Harris. "Vomit" ... A separate but just as absurd disaster. God dammit.

Let this sink in for a minute. Donald Trump was the POTUS. He was followed by Joe Biden. 2 of the most delusional, desperate, full of ****, losers, american politics has to offer. Holy Jesus Christ. WTF. What an absolute disaster. The VP's are Mike Pence. Lololol. And Kamala Harris. "Vomit" ... A separate but just as absurd disaster. God dammit.
Who was the last President you thought was at least okay?

Who was the last President you thought was at least okay?
Very good question. Ok or not ok is too black and white. I'll go letter grades.

Trump = Negative F -
Obama = C
Bush = D-
Clinton - C
GHW Bush = D
Reagan - D -

To be honest its a really really depressing list until FDR.

What about you? Grade the presidents in your lifetime.

Very good question. Ok or not ok is too black and white. I'll go letter grades.

Trump = Negative F -
Obama = C
Bush = D-
Clinton - C
GHW Bush = D
Reagan - D -

To be honest its a really really depressing list until FDR.

What about you? Grade the presidents in your lifetime.
I think part of the challenge of rating a president is also trying to rate the Senate/House at the same time. All too often, a president might get low ratings, but if the legislature is a constant impediment, it creates issues.

Carter C
Regan C
Bush Sr. D
Clinton F
Bush Jr D
Obama B
Trump F

Carter C
Regan C
Bush Sr. D
Clinton F
Bush Jr D
Obama B
Trump F

So not too far off. Not sure what Obama did that warrants a B other than being able to say so so much while never saying anything at all. And Clinton as an F seems odd. He is defeintely a negative F minus to the 3rd degree morality wise but in terms of keeping the country functioning he seemed to do ok.

So not too far off. Not sure what Obama did that warrants a B other than being able to say so so much while never saying anything at all. And Clinton as an F seems odd. He is defeintely a negative F minus to the 3rd degree morality wise but in terms of keeping the country functioning he seemed to do ok.
Clinton's actions in regard to Iraq were responsible for the war in Iraq during Bush Jr's term. He also directly said to the American people that he was telling them the truth as he was telling them a lie.

I just don't have any major issues with Obama's administration. I liked the opening of relations with Cuba.

Clinton's actions in regard to Iraq were responsible for the war in Iraq during Bush Jr's term. He also directly said to the American people that he was telling them the truth as he was telling them a lie.

I just don't have any major issues with Obama's administration. I liked the opening of relations with Cuba.
I mean if we want to get into lying Regan would be just a quarter step above Trump at most. Maybe even an equal. I'll have to do a little more digging on old Bill and his policies, I don't think history will be kind. Hillary is really ******** the bed for him. I appreciate Obama trying out Obamacare although it felt like a patronizing cop out, but hey it was better than nothing. But I just can't get past his bull **** and hypocrisy. The king of putting on a good face but then when you dig into it he's just as full of **** as the rest of them.

Clinton - B-
George W - B-
Obama - A-
Trump - F-

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Nixon: C- (Would have been higher except for all the, you know, CRIMES)
Ford: Incomplete
Carter: C+
Reagan: D+
Bush I: D
Clinton: B- (I mean, he did preside over the longest period of economic growth...)
Bush II: D-
Obama: B
Trump: F---

I mean if we want to get into lying Regan would be just a quarter step above Trump at most. Maybe even an equal. I'll have to do a little more digging on old Bill and his policies, I don't think history will be kind. Hillary is really ******** the bed for him. I appreciate Obama trying out Obamacare although it felt like a patronizing cop out, but hey it was better than nothing. But I just can't get past his bull **** and hypocrisy. The king of putting on a good face but then when you dig into it he's just as full of **** as the rest of them.
Politicians lie. And I get that Reagan was actually a pretty **** President, but I also admire much of what he did and who he was.

Clinton wanted to make a point by stating explicitly that he was telling the truth as he lied. That's some nasty pathological type ****. He was lying about what is essentially a sexual assault, based on power disparity between him and his victim. Bill Clinton is almost as disgusting as Trump.

But Bill Clinton also ****ed the whole Iraq situation so bad that it left the door wide open for Bush Jr. to invade. Clinton inherited a situation where Iraq had agreed to inspections for WMD. There were also no-fly zones in place to protect Kurds and other groups that were hostile to Saddam Hussein. Saddam began testing the inspection policies during Clinton's administration. This ultimately resulted in Clinton abandoning inspections in favor of sanctions. That was a massive failure. Massive. For one, it created the opaqueness that allowed Bush Jr. to claim that there were actually WMDs in Iraq (something Saddam wanted at least Iran to believe was true, even though it was not). But in the enforcement of the no-fly zones the U.S. regularly flew aircraft in those zones which Saddam began lighting up with fire control radar (AKA missile lock, to use a more pop culture term). On several occasions the U.S. responded to this provocation by destroying the facilities that were targeting them, along with the humans working in those facilities. This continued through Bill Clinton's term and into Bush Jr's term.

What Bill Clinton should have done was to push inspections, with force if necessary. It should have been made 100% clear that if there were no inspections then the peace agreement was breached and that would mean nothing else but war. In other words, the inspectors should have been standing in front of tanks and humVEEs with the greeting that either the inspectors enter or the military does.

Clinton didn't just **** up the Iraq situation, he ****ed up the Bosnia stuff as well.

Clinton left us with a good economy. So many people are hard for giving U.S. President's credit for the world economy. It's like blaming the weatherman for rain. U.S. Presidents don't determine the fate of the world economy. They just don't. Clinton didn't do anything specific to achieve the economic success that just so happened to occur during his administration. But he sure as **** had a lot to do with his fumbling of international military and diplomatic affairs.

Reagan: D+ he was popular but his policies really changed things for the worse.
Bush I: C pretty meh
Clinton: B morals aside he was a good president and bi partisan better than any president in a long time
Bush II: C had some good and bad
Obama: B- promised a lot but didn't get much done. Not all his fault but still a fact
Trump: F- obviously a terrible president in every way. The only positive he had is placing judges if you are a republican
Biden I expect to be a C, hopefully a little better. But I don't expect much. He'll give some nice speeches and undo the worst of trump. Then probably leave the rest alone. Maybe he'll go for some needed change if pressured.

From "tiny pond country" citizen view:
Reagan: B - Soviet Union started to collapse
Bush I: B - Soviet Union collapsed, showed Iraq to not mess with tiny countries.
Clinton: B - everything went better in my country, liberated Balkans from the terror of Serbs
Bush II: B+ he gets the + for visiting my country.
Obama: B+ nice president, + for visiting my country and speeches at both Pearl Harbor and Hiroshima
Trump: C+ - poor president, but helped to show the REAL faces of many people both in my country and other places including this forum.

Clinton simply rode the wave of the first internet economic boom. He really accomplished very little other than working with a legislature that set the ground work for the 2008 economic collapse.

It is a sad state of affairs when the best thing you can say about a president is "I don't have any major issues" with their performance. But that's pretty much the best thing we can say about presidents in the last 50 years.