What's new

The real disappointment for me

EastCoastJazzFan

Playa Hater of the Year
Contributor
I was actually excited in the weeks leading up to the draft. Sure the number 9 pick isn't anything to drool over but it does give you the opportunity to try steal a position player to help your club. With that said the Jazz did what it always does, selected a player that will not impact the team. I could see if Hayward was an outstanding defensive player, or a hard nosed physical player, hell even a legitimate outside shooter. The problem is he is none of those. The only thing you can really offer up as a upside is he is an intelligent person. I would have rather seen the Jazz take a huge risk then play it safe. Sure I know the argument about the Jazz have to win now, but this pick doesn't accomplish this and for what this pick could have been worth doesn't even help us establish a presence in the 2 years it would take to develop a big man. In years past I have been able to swallow some of the picks because of the draft position and picks that the team held. This year is unforgivable. It is clear that the FO has no interest in gambling to get to a championship but would rather have a winning product that will compete and make playoffs. Different year, same Jazz. Thanks for not getting my hopes up.