What's new
  • This thread contains opinions and information that likely IS NOT ACCURATE. Do your own research on such an important topic on a site other than JazzFanz.com, please.

The reason we should go big with #3

vj_74

I just realise that we might only have less than a week to savour the fact that we could have had the most AWESOME front court in the NBA 3-4 years from now

**Featuring Favors & Kanter**

for another couple of years or so. Because when their rookie contracts are up and when its time to cough up the big bucks, with big market franchises as your competitors, good luck. Jazz are'nt the Heat or Mavericks. They'll have 4 or 5 young guys on the team and they will be lucky to sign 3 of them at best. Of course if a couple of these picks(including next year's deep draft) turn out to be busts then its a different story altogether.

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Staff member
for another couple of years or so. Because when their rookie contracts are up and when its time to cough up the big bucks, with big market franchises as your competitors, good luck. Jazz are'nt the Heat or Mavericks. They'll have 4 or 5 young guys on the team and they will be lucky to sign 3 of them at best. Of course if a couple of these picks(including next year's deep draft) turn out to be busts then its a different story altogether.

I don't see a problem with that. Look at OKC, they had 5 great young players in Durant, Westbrook, Green, Harden & Serge.

The more the merrier - just pick the 2-3 you really like, trade the rest for veteran help, other assets, draft picks, etc.

Wolverine Newby

When is Kanters second workout?

I think Kanter is going to be awesome. I think GMs are not talking about him because they don't want the hype that Jimmer is getting and causing him to be drafted higher.

Chris

I agree with you Wolverine. I also think that he can work on whatever defensive issues he's got. Personally, I think he and his handlers have not gone out of their way to stress whatever defense he does have perhaps because he wants to end up in Washington. Why he would want to go to Washington is beyond me.

green

The Jazz need to go BPA. We have a very good looking young big man and wing player (Favors and Hayward). They have a solid pg (Harris), a solid backup big guy (Millsap) and that is it. That is four out of eight. We need everything. We need the BPA.

sojodave

I agree with going big with the #3 pick. With the #12, I like Jimmer, Singleton, Brooks, and Burks. I think we have some good options at 12. I sure hope there is a season next year.

Tony

Contributor
Jimmer wont be available at 12. I've said this before on a few other site and I'll say it again here... The only way we're going to get Jimmer is if the Jazz organizations put an effort into getting him.

Harambe

Contributor
The reason we shouldn't go big: We already have 3 "bigs" that are borderline all-stars, or will be.

The reason we shouldn't go big: We already have 3 "bigs" that are borderline all-stars, or will be.

I don't think that's a good enough reason, IMO. We need to take BPA, and I believe this is Kanter (unless Williams is available). I'm not convinced Al is a player we should build around. We will evaluate him this year, and depending on how he fits in, we should decide whether he is someone who can be a building block or whether we should try to move him. Even if we decide we want him part of our future, we can still look to move Milsap or Kanter.

JohnnyClutch

then next year do whatever we can to get a star wing in the draft (Barnes)

You're smokin crack if you think we're getting Barnes with our pick next year.

I think our front line is more far more solid than the wings. I'd love to have AK back until our #12 can mature.

You're smokin crack if you think we're getting Barnes with our pick next year.

I think our front line is more far more solid than the wings. I'd love to have AK back until our #12 can mature.

I'm smoking crack yet you're the one wanting AK back. If not Barnes, then Rivers. If not Rivers, Gilchrest. Point is, next year's draft will be far more likely to get us a solid wing. We need to take BPA this year, and IMO that's not one of the Pg's at number 3. We have an opportunity to build possibly the best frontcourt in the NBA. Why not go for it?