What's new

Thibodeau to the jazz after Jazz missed on Avery Johnson?

I see a little silhouette of a man

The miller family is too cheap to hire Thibodeau. They would not even pay Jerry market value. He gave the millers a hometown discount for decades. You watch, when Quins contract is up he will leave to LA or somewhere because Millers will refuse to pay him.

Mark it down mates.

Yup. They clearly misread Jerry. That is why he had such a short coaching tenure in Utah.

Thibs best bet is Pelicans so he could coach Anthony Davis. Thibs turned Noah into an All NBA player, Jimmy Butler into a max player, resurrected Pau's career... imagine what he could do with Anthony who is better than all those guys combined.

I liked Thibs at first but the larger the sample size the more I thought he was overrated as a Head Coach. I'd love him as an assistant though (he won't be going that route anytime soon except for Team USA).

There were a couple of years that he had one or two All-Stars on his team and even with playing a heavy EC schedule the Bulls only had a slightly better record than the Ty Corbin lead Jazz.

Then add to that the fact that he overplays his top talent (like Deng who is a shadow of himself from 3 seasons ago) and I would stay away personally.

I see a little silhouette of a man

Can he do the fandango?

(Or is this another case of misheard lyrics?)

anyhow, I liked him a lot but he did overplay and overwork his players. I think he was hurt for never having played at a high level himself and doesn't really have a good sense of the rigors of an 82 game season and the increased intensity and aggressive play that comes out in the playoffs

Thibs best bet is Pelicans so he could coach Anthony Davis. Thibs turned Noah into an All NBA player, Jimmy Butler into a max player, resurrected Pau's career... imagine what he could do with Anthony who is better than all those guys combined.

Looks like Pels took Alvin Gentry. Supposedly, Thibs didn't believe that Anthony would end up staying in NO once the higher cap comes in.

Looks like Pels took Alvin Gentry. Supposedly, Thibs didn't believe that Anthony would end up staying in NO once the higher cap comes in.

That's probably a smokescreen. Pelicans will offer him a 5 year max contract before he becomes a RFA, and then will be able to offer him a ridiculous amount more than everyone else when that contract runs out. I don't really see that as being a factor at all, tbh.