What's new

Time to play AK instead of Hayward

chochem

u can see the face of AK that he isn't happy sitting on the bench during 4th quarter, its time to play AK instead of Hayward! Hayward is showing flashes, but he wil not be effective against athletic 2 guard or sf.

we need to keep AK happy, he is our best defender against Manu, Kobe and Dirk (Top player in top wf 3 teams) when playoff comes...

u can see the face of AK that he isn't happy sitting on the bench during 4th quarter, its time to play AK instead of Hayward! Hayward is showing flashes, but he wil not be effective against athletic 2 guard or sf.

we need to keep AK happy, he is our best defender against Manu, Kobe and Dirk (Top player in top wf 3 teams) when playoff comes...

Is this sarcasm or are you for real? Honest question.

AK played with an injury, yesterday. I think that could affect his game on the floor. Anyway, overally speaking, AK is payed that enormous money to perform, he has to contribute to the team somehow and I think nobody here is pleased with the way AK has been playing lately. AK should be happy with the money he gets and better make us happy with his game on the floor which the reason why he wears that uniform. I have never understood that so-called "motivation" and "being happy or unhappy" stuff. you earn your spot by your game, not your name.

I have nothing against AK, why would I have? I watched him when he was in Europe, he has everything he needs to be an all-star, an impact player but when you are the first person to leave the scrimmages, workouts, how much of your capacity can you utilize consistently to help your team which needs you to perform at a high level. I think he is a big part of the puzzle and when he is on, the Jazz offense, defense, just about everything gets smoother, better, more efficient. However, the crucial question is "when he is on".

Am I the only one who enjoys logging onto Jazzfanz and finding 3 completely ridiculous new threads started?

You know, my employees start at $11.50 per hour, and from the get-go I expect them to work, to earn their money. I expect the same out of myself. Sure we all have bad days, but if I got moody and demanded things of my boss I wasn't earning and refused or couldn't perform because I felt I deserved something more just because I was paid well, and pouted all the time when I didn't get it, well I would expect to be fired. It is time to cut ties with AK. He is so freaking moody and can't get up to perform his highly-paid profession unless he is coddled beyond what his performance has earned him. He is a max-money mid-level role player. And man I just can't stomach another crying episode.

Oh yeah, and if I had a boss I just couldn't get along with I would start looking elsewhere (believe me I have rowed that boat). In the meantime I would bust my butt so that boss had nothing bad to say about me when I found another job. That kind of stuff can be career suicide. But I guess professional athletes are not expected to have any kind of work ethic. But the best ones do.

Am I the only one who enjoys logging onto Jazzfanz and finding 3 completely ridiculous new threads started?

There is most always a kernel there worth thinking about. If you don't mind thinking.

Since when does Sloan care about keeping players happy? If he doesn't care, we shouldn't either. I only care about one thing - winning games.

It's better than logging on and seeing that the last post was 3 months ago like a lot of message boards I run across.

I have been in AK's corner and thought he would be retained after this season. I am starting to change my mind on this. Hayward, CJ, Bell and Evans can make up for what Ak does all while making less than him added together(maybe even next year if he gets the 7-8M I think he will). I'm all for trading him if we get a deal that makes us better. Battier, Wallace, Martin, SJax, and quite a few other players are out there being rumored to be on the block. Maybe it's time to cut ties with AK for a player like this.

Bottom line is the jazz need to be wary about taking on contracts more than 2 years as they don't want to be tied up financially when Deron is up for a new contract. But they also don't want to lose an asset (AK) for nothing when they don't need to.

....the title of this thread should be: "Time we put a gun to Klinko's head...and force him to give back all that money he's stole from us over the years with his pathetic play for pay!"

I have been in AK's corner and thought he would be retained after this season. I am starting to change my mind on this. Hayward, CJ, Bell and Evans can make up for what Ak does all while making less than him added together(maybe even next year if he gets the 7-8M I think he will). I'm all for trading him if we get a deal that makes us better. Battier, Wallace, Martin, SJax, and quite a few other players are out there being rumored to be on the block. Maybe it's time to cut ties with AK for a player like this.

Bottom line is the jazz need to be wary about taking on contracts more than 2 years as they don't want to be tied up financially when Deron is up for a new contract. But they also don't want to lose an asset (AK) for nothing when they don't need to.

It's not so much about the future bill, the Jazz will have to eat almost 20 million in luxury taxes to keep AK around past the deadline. The only way they do that is if the Jazz are in first place with Championship contenders written over their forehead. Given AK's subpar play, there is no way he is not dumped. The somber expression you saw on AK's face while on the bench last night was that of a person knowing he would be relocating in a couple months. Should they bench him? No, Hayward and Evans will have their opportunity soon enough.

screw ak.

he screwed the jazz over for the last gazillion years. trade him for a homeless man's underpants

AK is probably our worst defender on Manu and Kobe. He plays reactionary defense, which Kobe and Manu can just plow right through and shoot right over.

During the post game show AK said that his injury is bothering him and that he was glad that Jerry held him back a little bit. He was not unhappy on the bench due to playing.

I did see Fes smiling though. I am disappointed that he isn't more upset with sitting during crunch time and frowning.

During the post game show AK said that his injury is bothering him and that he was glad that Jerry held him back a little bit. He was not unhappy on the bench due to playing.

I did see Fes smiling though. I am disappointed that he isn't more upset with sitting during crunch time and frowning.

OT: wow i'm honnored to be in your signature with that hack beantown :D