What's new

? to Jazz fans on rest of the off season

1) Would you rather sign a Jarameo Davidson or James Augustine rather than a Ratliff, Moore, Amundson,Thomas, Tolliver for close to or maybe the same price?
2) Sign Earl Watson to be back up or instead keep it as is or get a diff. D league or summer league PG?
3) Trade AK or wait till the deadline or just keep him the whole year?
4) Jeffers or Evans?

1. For the same price? Take Moore, Augustine would be a nice pickup for back-of-the-bench talent, but not at the same price.

2. Any upgrade to Gaines or price would be nice.

3. Keep him unless something wows you. Don't trade him just for luxury tax reasons. He will come off the books next summer.

4. Evans

1) Would you rather sign a Jarameo Davidson or James Augustine rather than a Ratliff, Moore, Amundson,Thomas, Tolliver for close to or maybe the same price?
2) Sign Earl Watson to be back up or instead keep it as is or get a diff. D league or summer league PG?
4) Jeffers or Evans?

1) If not Augustine, then Tolliver, then Amundson
2) Did Ronnie Price die & is DWill's decreasing?? Why have I been seeing threads & topics for a backup PG?
3) Only willing to trade AK for a future #1 (unlikely), otherwise AK is worth more to us in so many ways
4) No question Evans....

1- Tolliver is intriguing; but his numbers are all over the place for a run and gun team. If you're talking "win-now" I'd take Etan Thomas over all those players. Thomas & Jefferson on the floor at the same time can inflict a lot of pain in the paint.
2- Never liked Earl Watson - don't want him.
3- I say there is at least an 80% chance that AK is in Utah all season.
4- I know Jeffers doesn't belong in the league. Might as well give Evans a chance.

4) Jeffers or Evans?

1) Amundson, then Augustine, then Tolliver
2) Gaines at backup pg
3) Keep AK and let his contract come off the books next year. Then go after a good free agent like marc gasol, and trade okur's expiring the following year.
4) Evans

4) Jeffers or Evans?

1) Tolliver

2) Earl Watson

3) Depending on what we get and how much less money he is gonna get on his next contract...but for the right players I would trade him

4) Evans

1) I'd get Etan Thomas
2) stay with RP and Gaines. I'm not as sour on Gaines as everyone else is. I think when he got minutes in a very meaningful game where the team needed him to play, he out performed most players on the court and made "The Shot"! If he wins you 1 or 2 more games next year as a 3rd string pg and never causes a loss, then I don't see why you don't stick with him.
3) Depends. If the team goes +$5mil over the l-tax they'll dump him for a bag of peanuts at the deadline. If we stay below $5mil over the l-tax AK stays all year and he leaves for a trade exception ala Booz.
4) Evans. Jeffers is a shorter, slower, worse shooting, and worse one-on-one defender than Ronnie Brewer, why is he even still on this team? Doesn't Memphis have a 1st next year that they want to give us for him?

2) Did Ronnie Price die & is DWill's decreasing?? Why have I been seeing threads & topics for a backup PG?
Price sucks *** and Gaines does as well. They need a real backup PG not an undersized SG that can't run the offense.

1- Tolliver or Moore would be a nice insurance policy
2- neither Price or Gaines are #2 PG material (ok as #3). . . Watson or Brown as #2 and in special cases maybe AK or Hayward could briefly fill in as 3rd string during injuries
3- Keep AK unless you can get a starter back. He should play better in a contract year and if not that is a lot of cap relief next summer.
4- Jeffers has no right being on any NBA team even for minimum wage. Evans can't be any worse for us.

Kevin Kruger as 3 pg. Shot 92% regular season 1.000 from FT last season. He can close a game out for you and had 47 in a DLeague game as well.

Kevin Kruger as 3 pg. Shot 92% regular season 1.000 from FT last season. He can close a game out for you and had 47 in a DLeague game as well.

Ah good god, are you his wife or something?

There are about 200 PG's I would rather have than Kruger, Including: Price, Gaines, John Crotty, Arroyo, Lopez and Rusty Larue to name a few.

1-Always liked Etan Thomas but he's been injured like crazy the last few years so it doesn't make sense imo unless he is 110% healthy and even then it would probably be dumb to sign him. That said, I'd go with Amundson. 4.4 rebounds and 0.9 blocks in under 15 minutes a game is pretty damn solid even in Phoenix's high possession system. He's horrific from the line but for a guy off the bench, I don't think it's a big deal. Plus he's young and knows us. I'd sign him to three years, 4M+.
2-No idea. Everyone loves Lin it seems but he's going elsewhere apparently so hell, I don't know, Shannon Brown. He's a combo guard and we need to get more athletic and adding him and Evans would be an upgrade in that department.
3-Nobody's going to want him. Seriously, I see no situation where anyone will want him (unless we trade that team a pick) so this idea is moot imo. He'll be here.
4-Evans and it's not even close.

1) Amundson or Moore if they come cheap.
2) I want Patty Mills honestly.
3)Wait til deadline, see which team is the Washington Wizards of this year and wants to rebuild. Get 1-2 Solid Players
4)Evans

1. Davidson for $888k
2. Give Gaines a legit shot at backup PG
3. Take similar approach with Boozer last year and see how we're playing in February and
4. Evans
5. Also would like to sign 1-more wing, probably to a rookie-min contract, such as a Paul Harris

At this point of the offseason, I'd be thrilled if Utah landed Amundson. With the type of high-energy player that he is, I think he could do more for Utah than just being an end of the bench type of guy. He's not super tall, but he could help against the Lakers because of his willingness to battle on the block and get in players faces.

I wouldn't be against trading AK at the deadline, but it would have to make sense. If this team is a top 3 or 4 seed at the time and AK is making a big contribution than I see little reason to let him go unless you're immediately getting somebody back who will make the team even better. That isn't likely so my guess is that Utah should keep AK for the entire season and then try to re-sign him to a more manageable deal during Free Agency. If some team wants to over pay for him (paging Portland!) then let them. Utah will either be the benefactors of cap relief, or perhaps a sign and trade with yet another TPE to add to our arsenal......

4) Jeffers or Evans?

1)Thomas, Moore otherwise Augustine
2)No to watson, give gaines another shot until trade deadline, Deron plays 38-40mins a game anyways
3)wait till the deadline, otherwise let his deal expire
4)Evans

4) Jeffers or Evans?
1) Yes to Tolliver or Thomas, probably to Augustine or Amundson, maybe to Davidson. No to Moore.
2) I'm OK with Watson. Still good A/TO and +/-. His price has come down. Is 31 and has logged 16,000 minutes, though.
3) I expect Kirilenko to be a crucial part of Utah's success this year, and I predict that Utah doesn't trade him, even at deadline.
4) Well, Jeffers is a poor man's perimeter defender; Evans is a poor man's post defender. I say both. If I have to pick one, I pick Evans because of the potential and possibly better shooting.

Was a big Gaines booster until I saw him doing minimal passing (and the coaches not insisting on him doing much passing) in the summer league. Earl Watson provides more of a run-the-offense point guard role, even though EW is not a great shooter or athlete.

Moore is not helpful on either end of the floor. At least Thomas, Amundsen and Tolliver each has a strength.

4) Jeffers or Evans?

I'd rather have Earl from the TV show than Watson.