What's new

Trey "Fiscally Responsible Baller" Burke

[size/HUGE] fixed [/size];821732 said:
Rule #1: don't buy your friends all-access passes to the theme parks. They should wait in line like everybody else.

I'm going to go ahead and assume GTime made sure everyone had a Coke can for the 5 dolla' discount.

I'm going to go ahead and assume GTime made sure everyone had a Coke can for the 5 dolla' discount.

Oh, he didn't buy it for them, in fact he probably got one from one of them.

I would think you end up with less hangers on when they find out they are the ones being scammed.

Rule #2 "I forgot my wallet"

Someone has been attending Hayward's easy four course seminar on frugality.

DL to Hayward and his agent:

"We can't pay you that extra $2 million a year more that what we're offering, but we'll sweeten the pot by throwing in a few freebies: A 2014 Honda Civic or Ford Focus (both Hybrid models so you can save on gas). A lifetime membership to Gamestop so you can get discounts on those used videos games you love, and a special discount card to any Olive Garden restaurant in Utah that entitles you to 20% off your bill. How does that sound? Let me get the paperwork started."

This translates to him as a basketball player. To have this level of discipline with money at this age in this culture of excess speaks volumes about his level of commitment. That commitment is what usually seperate good from great. If he isn't out spending money then he's probably in a gym working on his game somewhere. I expect to see the kind of jump he had from his freshman year to his sophomore year at UM next year.

This translates to him as a basketball player. To have this level of discipline with money at this age in this culture of excess speaks volumes about his level of commitment.

.....yeah, too bad he didn't save that $2,000 or so he spent on all those jailhouse tats! Now, what would be impressive, VERY impressive to me, is if you could tell me he's tattoo-less! That would make him BOTH smart and frugal!

.....yeah, too bad he didn't save that $2,000 or so he spent on all those jailhouse tats! Now, what would be impressive, VERY impressive to me, is if you could tell me he's tattoo-less! That would make him BOTH smart and frugal!

Because he is being thoughtful with his finances he won't have to work when he's done with his playing career. He can get "jailhouse" tattoos all he wants. Your personal opinion on tattoos has nothing to do with the quality of player or person Burke is or isn't.

Because he is being thoughtful with his finances he won't have to work when he's done with his playing career. He can get "jailhouse" tattoos all he wants. Your personal opinion on tattoos has nothing to do with the quality of player or person Burke is or isn't.

....well thanks for setting me straight on that! By the way, 50% of all NBA players end up broke 5 years after they retire! Link to follow!