What's new

University of Utah to join the Pac-10?

This rumor has no teeth, considering "inside sources" have been telling us for months that the Utes were getting the bid on June 11th for sure

How would Boise State feel if the power teams bailed the MWC for a BCS conference.
That's what makes me think they were told that Utah/BYU/TCU were staying before they agreed to join the MWC.

How would Boise State feel if the power teams bailed the MWC for a BCS conference.
That's what makes me think they were told that Utah/BYU/TCU were staying before they agreed to join the MWC.
Even if some of those teams bail out Boise still made the right decision to join. There is more money in the MWC, better bowls, and better opponents even if some of them leave.

I think the article is just this writer's opinion. I hope it's true and he guessed right but it's just his best guess.

Last edited:

Here's the deal with inside sources, June 11th, etc - If somebody says they know, you can immediately consider them a non-credible source. Why? Because nobody knows. Not even the PAC AD and Big 12 AD. The presidents don't know yet. Nobody knows if aTm is going to the SEC or the Big 12 yet. Until that is known, we don't have any idea what will happen with Utah - and even then, the PAC has to decide between the utes, Kansas and Baylor.

It's a lateral move at the very worst. Even if Utah leaves they still have BYU and TCU. Who did they have in the WAC? Fresno & Hawaii?