What's new

Utah @ USC, Sat. 10/26 2:00pm MT, PAC-12 Networks

What don't ya get.

I'm saying that if the utes got peterson then byu fans would be pissed cause the utes hired a great coach.
Byu fans unhappiness = ute fans being happy.
Therefore ute fan should really want peterson to be hired

What don't ya get.

I'm saying that if the utes got peterson then byu fans would be pissed cause the utes hired a great coach.
Byu fans unhappiness = ute fans being happy.
Therefore ute fan should really want peterson to be hired

Just thought you were somehow inferring byu ever had a chance at Petersen which would be lolerskates.

I don't think Utah has a chance at Petersen either.

Peterson and USC is a bad fit. He likes the small town vibe.

£¥£

What exactly does "small town vibe" mean in the context of college coaches though? He likes less pressure from the fans and media? Less pressure from the school? Or he likes living in a smaller place generally? Or he likes living in a place where at least 1/2 the people he'll run into in the streets are a fan of the team he coaches?

Regardless, Gary Andersen. Remember all those fluff pieces in the local rags about how him and his family loved living in Logan(which I'm sure they did - it's a nice place) and he could never dream of leaving and yada yada yada? And then a short while later he was gone like Frank Sinatra? Things change.

Though I'm almost 100% certain Jack Del Rio will be the next coach at USC so it doesn't really matter.

What exactly does "small town vibe" mean in the context of college coaches though? He likes less pressure from the fans and media? Less pressure from the school? Or he likes living in a smaller place generally? Or he likes living in a place where at least 1/2 the people he'll run into in the streets are a fan of the team he coaches?

Regardless, Gary Andersen. Remember all those fluff pieces in the local rags about how him and his family loved living in Logan(which I'm sure they did - it's a nice place) and he could never dream of leaving and yada yada yada? And then a short while later he was gone like Frank Sinatra? Things change.

Though I'm almost 100% certain Jack Del Rio will be the next coach at USC so it doesn't really matter.

I was meaning I don't think he wants the pressure that comes from coaching at USC. 100x more media scrutiny than at Boise St. "Small town vibe" was a dumb way to put it. Not really what I meant at all.

Petersen could've left plenty of times, and I kind of think he will leave at the end of the year, but he just seems like a really bad fit for USC.

People who thought Anderson would stay were naive fools. I remember laughing at some of my friends when they "Couldn't believe Urban Meyer left!!!"

I love Whitt. Love the guy. I want him to succeed. BUT, if Peterson said he would come to Utah...bye.

Peterson isn't coming to Utah.