What's new

warning: trade idea!!!!!

Chargers Jazz Angels

ok was thinking that I am on board with exum being the future star of the jazz. the nba seems to think so also with his pictures being all over on draft night and his coverage during summer league. I think Burke is an average pg in the nba. not great but average (I know this was under Corbin) I say we go all in on exum and give him the reins to the Utah jazz.

jazz trade

trey Burke
enes kanter (hate this part)

Milwaukee

Larry sanders
Brandon knight
lottery protected 2017 pick

why Milwaukee does this

- gets rid of sanders contract
- sanders may not even start
- they need a pg to run a very talented team
- they get rid of sanders

why the jazz do it

- sanders/favors front court would be awesome defensively
- exum has the key to the jazz
- knight gives a little more depth but is more of a scoring guard
- sanders might not get in as much trouble here
- another pick in 2017
- DEFENSE

I am not sure I am in love with it but would be interesting

I like it...

BUT!!!!

I don't think we have enough of a team culture to tolerate the cancer that is Larry Sanders. DL will also say no to a player with questionable character issues....

Don't want any part of Sanders, Gobert will probably be as good next year minus the head case and bar fighting. Knight will always just be an undersized SG, I'd let Hayward run the point before him. If the pick is only top 3 protected, I think about it.

You would need a better offensive addition to the possible 15 ppg Enes would add. I know he is not a win creator as he should be, but this guy you wanna trade promises a legit distance shooting this season which would draw his bigman matchup out of the box and open lane for an incredibly fast player like Exum who also can take above average contact with his thin body. Sanders won't give you this so the question is what do you get in return for an offensive big.

The problem with this is duplication- Favors and Sanders are very similiar players. One of them would have to go. If Trey and Enes aren't appearing to make progress this year-- then you make this move.

As you've already mentioned with the first part of your post, there will be a lot of better options if these two underachieve.

No. A Favors/Sanders/Gobert front court is all D and no O. Gobert will be a Chandler type. Gobert and Favors will have the front court locked down on D. We need someone who has some good O and can play adequate D. Might be Kanter.

Our defensive woes need to be addressed as a team. Our wings and gaurds really need to get a lot better at D if our team is going to get any better. Transition D is the most important aspect of D, and that is firstly reliant on the gaurds and wings getting back first.

Also, bucks with enes, trey, giannis, and parker, and whoever they pick up next year, should be a lot better by 2017, making that pick a lot less valuable. So then the real value is in the trade of the players. Trey is a better prospect than B. Knight, and Enes is a better prospect than Sanders.

Sanders-Favors tandem kills motion offense and spacing. Brandon Knight is undersized SG looking like a PG who is less efficient than lots of guards in the league. So burke is better than Knight; Kanter is better player for the jazz than inconsistent Sanders

No thanks. Kanter will be better then Sanders.

Kanter also can compliment Favors more because of his mid range shot. Sanders can't shoot as well as Kanter.

Kanter also has a better post game.

Let the year play out. Burke's value will go up and Exum can show what he is really made of.

I like Brandon Knight more then Burke because he has a better outside shot and is quicker. But not worth giving up Kanter also.

ok was thinking that I am on board with exum being the future star of the jazz. the nba seems to think so also with his pictures being all over on draft night and his coverage during summer league. I think Burke is an average pg in the nba. not great but average (I know this was under Corbin) I say we go all in on exum and give him the reins to the Utah jazz.

jazz trade

trey Burke
enes kanter (hate this part)

Milwaukee

Larry sanders
Brandon knight
lottery protected 2017 pick

why Milwaukee does this

- gets rid of sanders contract
- sanders may not even start
- they need a pg to run a very talented team
- they get rid of sanders

why the jazz do it

- sanders/favors front court would be awesome defensively
- exum has the key to the jazz
- knight gives a little more depth but is more of a scoring guard
- sanders might not get in as much trouble here
- another pick in 2017
- DEFENSE

I am not sure I am in love with it but would be interesting
Must be the crack talkin.

Sanders & Karl Towns would make a nice pairing actually...

Sanders is an athletic & proven shot blocker, while Towns is an offensive prodigy with size....

If Burke doesn't grow into a solid starter (although I think he will), he will be the best back-up PG in basketball and I would want him on the Jazz roster.

Sanders-Favors tandem kills motion offense and spacing. Brandon Knight is undersized SG looking like a PG who is less efficient than lots of guards in the league. So burke is better than Knight; Kanter is better player for the jazz than inconsistent Sanders

Agree.
As much as I've said Burke is not a top-20 PG in the league, neither is Knight. I'd take Burke over Knight.
And TBH, I'd also take Kanter over Sanders. Now if it were the Sanders of two years ago, and Milwaukee couldn't afford to sign him, then yes, do the trade.

I do give credit to the OP, though, for at least presenting a viable trade option. I don't like either player the Jazz would get, but it was well thought out, and at least plausible - unlike many trade suggestions.

I'd trade Kanter, Burke and a bunch of picks to the T'wolves for Andrew Wiggins, but that's the only deal I'd be looking to make right now. Anything short of that trade and I think they should just roll with the guys they already have. Wiggins would address their wing scoring and defensive issues, and give the Jazz two potential #1 prospects to develop together.

I'd love to see a lineup of Gobert, Favors, Wiggins, Hayward and Exum with Burks as the 6th man off the bench. Hayward can play some 3, Favors can play some 5 and you look to draft and sign depth to compliment your young starting lineup. I'm assuming that this deal would also require the Jazz to take on K-Mart (who I'd keep to mentor the young guards) and Berea (who I'd ship out with some 2nd round picks.)

If the Jazz can't get that deal, they should stick with Burke and Kanter and see how they look in Snyder's new system. Maybe look at trade options at the deadline. I wouldn't make a move this year for anything less than Wiggins though.