What's new

Wasatch Whiparound on 1320 KFAN

I'm not buying it. They were actively trying to move up but couldn't in the Hayward draft, they were actively trying to get into last years draft, and they were actively trying to make a move at the trade deadline.

What aren't you buying? I am sure both of the above statements are accurate. I am guessing with most teams those statements are often accurate and still doesn't happen. Actively trying doesn't mean committed to doing something that doesn't make sense.

What are the chances the Jazz are able to work out a deal, that can't be consummated until sign-and-trades are possible? Hint: Perhaps Millsap and/or Jefferson, or even one of our other free agents, agree to a sign-and-trade if it means making more money and avoiding a long summer of waiting to be signed?

Sure, they could wait out the Summer and hope to sign with a current contender. However, contenders don't usually have cap space. They'd be looking to make a team into a contender (if that's what they're looking for).

Otherwise, free agents go where they can get the best contract. After all, these athletes bodies can only last for so long. Quite often, athletes have lots of physical problems in their later years. I can see it being a better long-term idea to get the best contract now, while they can. The Jazz can definitely help them get the best contract possible because of their Bird rights.

P.S. What's with the weird formatting problem? I can't separate the paragraphs with spaces?

What are the chances the Jazz are able to work out a deal, that can't be consummated until sign-and-trades are possible? Hint: Perhaps Millsap and/or Jefferson, or even one of our other free agents, agree to a sign-and-trade if it means making more money and avoiding a long summer of waiting to be signed?

Sure, they could wait out the Summer and hope to sign with a current contender. However, contenders don't usually have cap space. They'd be looking to make a team into a contender (if that's what they're looking for).

Otherwise, free agents go where they can get the best contract. After all, these athletes bodies can only last for so long. Quite often, athletes have lots of physical problems in their later years. I can see it being a better long-term idea to get the best contract now, while they can. The Jazz can definitely help them get the best contract possible because of their Bird rights.

P.S. What's with the weird formatting problem? I can't separate the paragraphs with spaces?

I like your thinking.. but I am lost on the CBA issues. I do like what you're saying though.

On your P.S... it's a browser problem.. no idea the issue. A lot of us have it from time to time... comes and goes. You're hitting space but when you post it's not spaced.. except everyone but you sees it the way you intended. I'd say it's somehow Trout's fault.

I like your thinking.. but I am lost on the CBA issues. I do like what you're saying though.

On your P.S... it's a browser problem.. no idea the issue. A lot of us have it from time to time... comes and goes. You're hitting space but when you post it's not spaced.. except everyone but you sees it the way you intended. I'd say it's somehow Trout's fault.

Lol, ah Trout. I met him once at one of the get-togethers. He seems to like to stir things up. I think you're right. :)

As for the CBA issues, I'm not clear on when we can do sign-and-trades. I suppose if they're still under contract with us, then we can at least trade them as long as they agree to sign with the team they're traded to when Free Agency allows?

I think you need to check Evan's age.

Brb

sexy-nurse-300x300.png