What's new

Welcome Back Kevin Murphy

Kid can shoot. Def worth a camp invite. His release is a lot better than Clark's, and he got a lot of burn last year in the Dleague. Looks like the rest of his game has improved, but Dleague stats are always so misleading.

Would be a great story if he earned his way back.

Kid can shoot. Def worth a camp invite. His release is a lot better than Clark's, and he got a lot of burn last year in the Dleague. Looks like the rest of his game has improved, but Dleague stats are always so misleading.

Would be a great story if he earned his way back.

Kevin Murphy isn't a better NBA player than Clark.

He is a better D-League 1-on-1 scorer. He was awful in the NBA and looked out of place whenever he got in the game.

So why sign Toure Murry?
Murphy and Bost are similar players.

I thought the Toure Murry signing was fake news. Hoopshype has DJJAzzyJody saying hhe talked to his agent, who siad the deal was news to him. Too lazy to get the link.

Kevin Murphy isn't a better NBA player than Clark.

He is a better D-League 1-on-1 scorer. He was awful in the NBA and looked out of place whenever he got in the game.

Funny, because I don't remember either playing more than a minute here and there in garbage time. We all know how good garbage time is for evaluating talent.

Funny, because I don't remember either playing more than a minute here and there in garbage time. We all know how good garbage time is for evaluating talent.

He would get into games and as soon as he got the ball he would dribble around and jack up a bad shot. He didn't play like he belonged.

If you are a fringe NBA player, garbage time should be your shot to prove to coaches you can do the small things, not take bad contested shots as soon as you get the ball.

He would get into games and as soon as he got the ball he would dribble around and jack up a bad shot. He didn't play like he belonged.

If you are a fringe NBA player, garbage time should be your shot to prove to coaches you can do the small things, not take bad contested shots as soon as you get the ball.

I remember him having like 8 or 9 pts in garbage time when the rockets were blowing.us out in 12-13. I remember him cutting and curling a lot. I remember like two games where he'd dribble and shoot bad shots.

Nothing against Clark also. I hope he fixes his release so he can get it off in games.

Back to Murph. Proving anything to a coach like Corbin was a losing battle. That same year, Alec was DNP'ed like half the season. Maybe he was trying to prove his greatest weapon to someone else, his shooting.

Anyways, you need to realize that you are trying to close a book on a player who played 52 mins as a Jazz man. 17 games at 3.1 mins per contest. Concluding anything is crazy. Not accounting for development is crazy.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/murphke01.html

I remember him having like 8 or 9 pts in garbage time when the rockets were blowing.us out in 12-13. I remember him cutting and curling a lot. I remember like two games where he'd dribble and shoot bad shots.

Nothing against Clark also. I hope he fixes his release so he can get it off in games.

Back to Murph. Proving anything to a coach like Corbin was a losing battle. That same year, Alec was DNP'ed like half the season. Maybe he was trying to prove his greatest weapon to someone else, his shooting.

Anyways, you need to realize that you are trying to close a book on a player who played 52 mins as a Jazz man. 17 games at 3.1 mins per contest. Concluding anything is crazy. Not accounting for development is crazy.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/m/murphke01.html

The book is closed.

4 year college player with limited athletic ability and a limited frame.

I saw Murphy play last year and the year before in the DLeague. Last year was night and day better than the year before. It's like he finally got it or the game slowed down. Bost makes Trey Burke look like a marksman but he did have a few triple doubles last year in the DLeague and he was Rodney Hood's point guard the year Rodney spent at Mississippi State.

I saw Murphy play last year and the year before in the DLeague. Last year was night and day better than the year before. It's like he finally got it or the game slowed down. Bost makes Trey Burke look like a marksman but he did have a few triple doubles last year in the DLeague and he was Rodney Hood's point guard the year Rodney spent at Mississippi State.

I agree with this. I saw Murphy play in a few games last year and he was by far the best scorer on the court. And it wasn't just jump-shooting - he scored on fast breaks and even had a recognizable inside game. He rarely made bad plays, was super aggressive, and he was well-aware he was his team's best player but he converted a lot of the time. I was amazed by how well he played in the games I saw.