What's new

Welp, there it is... The number of new skyscrapers drops 20% amid pandemic slowdown

Gameface

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
The number of new skyscrapers built globally dropped more than 20% in 2020, according to data released this week by the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH).
Last year saw the completion of 106 new buildings measuring 200 meters (656 feet) or above, down from 133 in 2019 -- and the lowest total since 2014.
The CTBUH largely attributed the slowdown to Covid-19, as projects around the world "ground to a halt" amid restrictions on assembly, said its annual report. Though the group was only able to find nine projects directly blaming delays on the pandemic, it assumed that "many more" had "encountered difficulties" as a consequence.

I Mean if that doesn't drive the harsh reality home I don't know what could.

Also, not sure if you all have heard but caviar sellers are hurting pretty bad right now too... Just kidding, they aren't. Rich people are still rich AF, eating caviar like never before, chilling on their yachts, pissing on sea turtles.

But in the middle of a pandemic there aren't as many new skyscrapers being built.

Enjoy your $600. You could have a half order of caviar for that, so that should be good.

I could be wrong but China is probably the main reason. They stopped construction for awhile with the outbreak. I'm not sure what the number of skyscrapers are but China has to have the majority of them by a long shot.

I Mean if that doesn't drive the harsh reality home I don't know what could.

Also, not sure if you all have heard but caviar sellers are hurting pretty bad right now too... Just kidding, they aren't. Rich people are still rich AF, eating caviar like never before, chilling on their yachts, pissing on sea turtles.

But in the middle of a pandemic there aren't as many new skyscrapers being built.

Enjoy your $600. You could have a half order of caviar for that, so that should be good.
That's exactly what I used mine for. How did you know?

But $600 buying you a half order, LMAO. What kind of peasant fish eggs are you buying anyway?

Not a surprise. NYC has had a ton of people move out because of the virus. I could get 50-100K more for my house now than pre-Covid.