What's new

Who do you want the Jazz to draft if they stay at #10? (Poll)

Assume these players are available at #10. Who would you pick for the Jazz?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Really hoping Holland falls to 10 - he's the steal of the draft, IMO, based on where he's projected. 2nd choice is Walter. Not sure there is really anybody I HATE among the prospects, however. I also like Collier there, Knecht and Carter. Williams scares me a bit with how bad he was to finish the season and Topic with his injury, but both still solid values at 10.

Feel like Walter is the sneaky guy we never talk about who could go 10 just because of his HS reputation and some weird advanced stats. He also plays as hard as anyone I watched.

Like it's crazy he had a 4.6 OBPM despite shooting 38% and 34% from the field/3. It's mostly due to his elite 3pt rate/FT rate stats. Dont have any stats in front of me, but I feel like he got fouled on 3pt shots more than anyone in college.

Cody Williams looked really good at the start of his college season. Then he had a series of injuries. He had a high ankle sprain. He got hit in the face and had to play with a mask. He also had a broken hand that he was recovering from at some point. Similar to Keyonte a year ago, I think Cody is better than he showed later in the season.

However, that's also the question with Cody--can he compete well enough physically? I was hoping that he'd add some strength and really attack his pre-draft process, but he didn't quite do that. He also weighed in at just under 180 lbs at the Combine, and quite frankly, he doesn't look like he's physically ready for the NBA. He's going to need 15 lbs as a starting point, and preferably 20+ lbs if he's going to hold his own against physical defenders. I wonder if his frame can carry that. He's also looked a bit physically awkward, like he's still getting used to his body. However, this might actually be a good thing if it means he has an opportunity to tighten things up as he matures.

The bet on Cody is that physical development will take place over the next 2 - 3 years, which when combined with his length, feel and scoring instincts, makes him an impact player. At the same time, he should be a fairly versatile defender. However, I wouldn't expect him to do much at all in his first year or two.

Cody Williams looked really good at the start of his college season. Then he had a series of injuries. He had a high ankle sprain. He got hit in the face and had to play with a mask. He also had a broken hand that he was recovering from at some point. Similar to Keyonte a year ago, I think Cody is better than he showed later in the season.

However, that's also the question with Cody--can he compete well enough physically? I was hoping that he'd add some strength and really attack his pre-draft process, but he didn't quite do that. He also weighed in at just under 180 lbs at the Combine, and quite frankly, he doesn't look like he's physically ready for the NBA. He's going to need 15 lbs as a starting point, and preferably 20+ lbs if he's going to hold his own against physical defenders. I wonder if his frame can carry that. He's also looked a bit physically awkward, like he's still getting used to his body. However, this might actually be a good thing if it means he has an opportunity to tighten things up as he matures.

The bet on Cody is that physical development will take place over the next 2 - 3 years, which when combined with his length, feel and scoring instincts, makes him an impact player. At the same time, he should be a fairly versatile defender. However, I wouldn't expect him to do much at all in his first year or two.
I'd take him over Holland.

Feel like Walter is the sneaky guy we never talk about who could go 10 just because of his HS reputation and some weird advanced stats. He also plays as hard as anyone I watched.

Like it's crazy he had a 4.6 OBPM despite shooting 38% and 34% from the field/3. It's mostly due to his elite 3pt rate/FT rate stats. Dont have any stats in front of me, but I feel like he got fouled on 3pt shots more than anyone in college.

The knock on Walter is that he doesn't put much pressure on the rim, and his contributions in areas other than shooting were limited his freshman year. He didn't defend consistently or move the ball particularly well. He has the ability to do those things, but didn't show it much for some reason. On top of that, his shooting was pretty inconsistent this year. Unless he just slays in his workouts, I think he could slip to the 15-20+ range.

The knock on Walter is that he doesn't put much pressure on the rim, and his contributions in areas other than shooting were limited his freshman year. He didn't defend consistently or move the ball particularly well. He has the ability to do those things, but didn't show it much for some reason. On top of that, his shooting was pretty inconsistent this year. Unless he just slays in his workouts, I think he could slip to the 15-20+ range.
i'm not disagreeing with you necessarily because my eyes agree with you, but he has one of the best FT rates in the draft. he's doing something right in that regard.

From what DX said he wont drop too far out of the lottery.

Keyonte was similarly disappointing at Baylor and teams didnt hold it too much against him. I also watched a former college assistant coach's youtube channel where he said Baylor's system isnt well respected and leads to a lot of prospects looking worse than they are.

He very well could be. Far from a given. We will see what the rumors say once he starts conducting workouts.

We can redo another version of this poll later this week. I'll add Walter, Edey and Salaun. It doesn't look like anyone has mentioned McCain, but maybe he'll be added as well.
There isn’t much of a consensus as far as the top 20 picks go. Just about anyone could slip or rise. This won’t be a boring draft

i'm not disagreeing with you necessarily because my eyes agree with you, but he has one of the best FT rates in the draft. he's doing something right in that regard.
From what I remember watching his live games he picks the dribble up early on a lot of drives. He kind of reminds me of Rodney Hood where he really wants to play off 2 feet, but unlike Hood he isnt allergic to contact. He gets fouled because he's tenacious and teams really respected his jumper (which he jumps high and forward on).

As a quick rule of thumb and assessment of a player, can he effectively drive the lane and yam it? That'd also mean they can finish lobs. If the answer is, Negative or Questionable then I'm not drafting them the lottery.

It'll miss the Brunsons & Stocktons of the universe if not flexible but will filter out the other 99% wannabes who are a waste of time & resources.

View: https://youtu.be/Ca4bsLAuwBM?

As a quick rule of thumb and assessment of a player, can he effectively drive the lane and yam it? That'd also mean they can finish lobs. If the answer is, Negative or Questionable then I'm not drafting them the lottery.

It'll miss the Brunsons & Stocktons of the universe if not flexible but will filter out the other 99% wannabes who are a waste of time & resources.

View: https://youtu.be/Ca4bsLAuwBM?

So that means it's a no on Matas....

If Knecht is there at 10 I would like him. If not, Dillingham or Holland would be cool and to a lesser degree, Williams.

Back