Who Is The Best Team In L.A.?

Who is the best team in L.A.?

• Clippers

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Lakers

Votes: 8 47.1%

• Total voters
Not the Lakers.

They looked like a very slow, old, not very good outside shooting team, without a PG.

They have done nothing to address these issues.

I've heard that the new coach is looking to use Pau as a 3 point shooter, much like how SA uses Boner and we used to use Money. That's how desperate they are for 3 point shooting. Kobe is literally, the only guy that can create or shoot on that team. And is Artest still on their team? LOL... His jumper looked worse than Brewer's last year.

They have two decent 7 footers on their team. However, one is aging quickly while the other is constantly tearing an ACL.

I think if the Clippers stay healthy, they'll end up being better this year.

I seriously don't think the Lakers are much of a threat anymore. I fear the Grizz, Mavs, and Thunder much more.

I'm going to be really surprised if we don't beat them on Dec 27th. It used to always be marked as a loss. Not anymore. We should be a better team. We're far more talented, which isn't something we could say before...

I also think losing Phil Jackson is going to hurt them more than they think. Only he has proven to be able to manage so many egos. Kobe, Artest, and Bynum are ticking time bombs...

I don't see Bynum as that big of an ego, but you make some good points.

I think this is the year the balance of power in LA swings. CP3 and Griffin is going to be insane. I could see CP3 averaging 13 assts+ per night. I could see Griffin as a 30/12 guy, likely with improved defense to boot. That pairing, throw in a decent supporting cast, have what it takes to dominate.

Even though the Lakers faltered (to the eventual NBA champs) they did win 57 games. Will the Lakers slip? Probably some, I would guess closer to 7-10 games maybe. Putting them in the 58% range of wins. In a 66 game season 38-39 wins.

Clips lost 50 last year. They will be better it would seem. How much? 10 to 15 games? 15 win improvement pace off of last year would get them about 36-37 wins.

I think they will be very close.

I think we all need to have some perspective here. These are still the Clippers and a Paul or Griffin injury seems bound to happen.

Tell me it wouldn't surprise you folks.