What's new

Who was reffing that game....Dick Brevetta???

carolinajazz

Did any of you see the absolutely pathetic call made by the ref in the Heat/Spurs game tonight? The one where the Heat clown comes driving down the lane completely out of control, loses his balance, trips over his own feet and falls backward to the ground....and picks up a two shot foul on the Spurs guy, who never TOUCHED him!??? Now, I wouldn't normally say anything about this had it happened in the 1st half or even 3rd quarter. But it happened in the last 60 seconds of the game and frankly, cost the Spurs this game!!! Most of you know I'm a "closet" Spurs fan anyway, especially since they play the best watchable basketball in today's NBA.....and I despise the Heat because well, they're the Heat! But this ref needs to be docked one games pay....and soundly reprimanded for having, not "Betty Davis eyes" but Stevie Wonder eyes!!!

Did any of you see the absolutely pathetic call made by the ref in the Heat/Spurs game tonight? The one where the Heat clown comes driving down the lane completely out of control, loses his balance, trips over his own feet and falls backward to the ground....and picks up a two shot foul on the Spurs guy, who never TOUCHED him!??? Now, I wouldn't normally say anything about this had it happened in the 1st half or even 3rd quarter. But it happened in the last 60 seconds of the game and frankly, cost the Spurs this game!!! Most of you know I'm a "closet" Spurs fan anyway, especially since they play the best watchable basketball in today's NBA.....and I despise the Heat because well, they're the Heat! But this ref needs to be docked one games pay....and soundly reprimanded for having, not "Betty Davis eyes" but Stevie Wonder eyes!!!

Sounds like just about every Ginoboli/Parker call.

....here's what the San Antonio papers are saying:

The turning point

The Spurs got a break in Friday’s victory over the Clippers, when Duncan appeared to drag his pivot foot before hoisting the game-winning jumper. The basketball gods returned the favor on Sunday as Norris Cole, seeming to trip over his own feet, drew a dubious foul from Kawhi Leonard on an ill-advised drive with 32.1 seconds remaining. He made both foul shots, and Bosh followed with the winner after Duncan missed a mid-range shot over Udonis Haslem.

....here's what the San Antonio papers are saying:

The turning point

The Spurs got a break in Friday’s victory over the Clippers, when Duncan appeared to drag his pivot foot before hoisting the game-winning jumper. The basketball gods returned the favor on Sunday as Norris Cole, seeming to trip over his own feet, drew a dubious foul from Kawhi Leonard on an ill-advised drive with 32.1 seconds remaining. He made both foul shots, and Bosh followed with the winner after Duncan missed a mid-range shot over Udonis Haslem.

This illustrates the point that youy get some bad calls/no calls in your favor and some that work against you. All you can do is try to play well enough that they don't cost you too many games.

Is only bad if is going against the jazz. Personally wish a tornado would have hit mid court wiped out both teams. Go Jazz

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

What about the Batum throw up corner 3 calls he was getting friday night? Those were pretty bad. It looked like he was running to the locker room and would just throw it toward the basket and get 3 freethrows.

What about the Batum throw up corner 3 calls he was getting friday night? Those were pretty bad. It looked like he was running to the locker room and would just throw it toward the basket and get 3 freethrows.

Yeah that was kind of ridiculous. It's not a continuation if you OBVIOUSLY weren't in the act of shooting before the contact.