What's new

Why Steve Nash is so great

Wasn't he relatively close to signing here in '04, or am I imagining that? My how things would be different.

My buddy met him and a bunch of the Suns players like five years ago in the Bahamas. He said he's not as tall as hes listed. He also said he was exceptionally nice.

"Well, you could ask for a trade and go to a team that’s in a worse position this year,” said Nash.

Hits pretty close to home, eh folks?

And yeah, Steve Nash has always been the man. Great guy, great philanthropist, great basketball player.

...Nash should have won about 5 MVP's in a row! The formula is very simple: when he plays the Suns win. When he doesn't they lose! Of course, ownership gutted the team for the most part....yet he still makes them competitive every night...despite not playing the best of defense! He shoots much better than Deron, Parker and just about every other point guard in the league!

I do not think he would have done here what he did in Phoenix. He is one of those players that thrive on creativity and ploying his skills in a more free-form manner. In Sloan's offense the PG (and most other positions) are dialed in more closely, somewhat stifling creativity. I think that Nash would have been frustrated with our style of offense and his inability to roam within it. For example, he is nigh unstoppable when weaving in and around the defense and passing to the open man or deceptively getting to the hoop - he thrives on broken plays so to speak - but he doesn't run the best PnR. I would have loved to have him here but I just don't think it would have been a good match.