What's new

Will Big Al Have A Career Year?

Stoked

Contributor
2018 Award Winner
Q: You said at last season’s conclusion it was important you lose 20 or more pounds in the off-season. How has that gone? Great. 20-plus. One thing about losing weight: It becomes a lot easier once you become disciplined about what you’re eating. Cutting out the sugar and the starch. Taking care of your body. Once I got into a routine it became pretty easy. And I knew what I was doing it for – to take some of the weight off my knees and getting my body into better shape than last year.
via Charlotte Observer

Big Al has cut out friend chicken and other things and as a result he has lost 20 pounds.

Wikipedia lists him as 289 pounds. So let's say he dropped 20+ and is now 265 (24 pounds lost) will it add any speed to his game? It's still Big Al and at 265 he will still bully people in the low post but will he be just that much lighter on his feet and just that much faster?

What say you Jazzfanz?

I had a feeling this story would show up here. Surprised it took this long.

Combined with the subway footlong diet story with him in '09, It's fair to say Al probably has one of the worst diets in the league.

I've always found it really emotional to eat friend chicken.

Big Al will always be a terrible defender in space.

“Every Popeye’s commercial I see, I have to turn the TV off,” Jefferson told The Charlotte Observer.

I was like what the hell is he talking about...didn't even see that I had done that lol. Had to go back and read it.

5eSqY0H.jpg

“Every Popeye’s commercial I see, I have to turn the TV off,” Jefferson told The Charlotte Observer.
The fried chicken thing is so funny because it plays right into racial stereotypes. Someone tell him he can still eat boneless, skinless breasts. Would i get fracted for saying he can still indulge in a certain kind of fruit?