What's new

Will Deontay Wilder stay conscious?

Al-O-Meter

I’m thinking ‘no’.

For those who don’t follow boxing, the Heavyweight Title is on the line tonight. Deontay Wilder is a towering 6’7” with crazy power. In his professional career he’s fought 44 bouts and ended 41 of them by knocking out the other guy. He ends people. He’s also the underdog in this fight.

026_Deontay_Wilder_vs_Tyson_Fury.jpg

The heavyweight champion is Tyson Fury who is an even bigger 6’9” and outweighs Wilder by 40 pounds. Tyson Fury is the same stature as Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson, the actor who played Gregor Clegane ‘The Mountain’ on Game of Thrones.

fight.jpg

This isn’t little 5’10” Mike Tyson versus slightly less little 6’1” Evander Holyfield.

This is the 3rd fight between Fury and Wilder. The first one ended in a draw but Tyson Fury said afterwards that in the late rounds he discovered a serious flaw in Deontay Wilder’s boxing style. During the second fight Tyson Fury proved that he had indeed discovered a flaw and beat the snot out of Wilder for 7 rounds before the fight was stopped.

Tyson Fury was very public about exactly what flaw Deontay Wilder has. With his height and power, Wilder’s opponents almost always fight going backwards to stay away from that nasty right hand. It resulted in Wilder only being good fighting forwards, but whenever Fury would be the aggressor and force Wilder to fight going backwards, Deontay Wilder’s form fell apart.

Wilder has undoubtedly been training out that weakness. The question that will be answered tonight is if that training was enough. I’m thinking no and that Tyson Fury will again overpower him. Is there anyone thinking Deontay Wilder wins or even makes it all 12 rounds?

the way this post is written... jeez... yall hate the lakers n the clippers but love HOLLYWOOD round here.. thats all ima say,... ya eat that **** up...

"Discovered a flaw" in wilders boxing style... Really top secret groundbreaking 200-iq strategies im sure hahahhaaa

Last edited:
all anyone ever needed to see... the pivotal fight of Deontay Wilders career.. the one that foreshadowed what was to come...

was the Chris Arreola fight in 2016, Arreola showed up fatter than the pillsbury doughboy n even with tremendous physical advantages u could tell ultimately that Wilder is what he is, he was 30 something at that point.. he's a converted bouncer / security guy turned boxer.. who amassed that knockout record vs chump hand picked opponents..

Wilder is a promoters champion.. There's a threat of carnage in his fights n thats what people r drawn to, doesnt mean hes good tho..

Last edited:
I mean also u can just tell deontay wilder isnt that good.. by just watching a few seconds of him in any given fight... he's undisciplined, swings wildly, jumps at ghosts...

deontay wilder is a fighter whos impressive to the casual fan...

Last edited:
Usyk will simply completely overwhelm these fighters... Even Fury stands little chance IMO.. Usyk is so SOOOOOOOOOO much quicker...

The idea that Fury can stand comfortably infront of the motion that Usyk brings n just stave him off rd after rd.. That seems like preposterous far fetched fan theories to me, rather than something thats a real possibility..

Cuz the thing is too.. Once Usyk breaks that defense n finds his rythym... there is no escape for Fury, he will get picked apart, clinical precision.. there is only the try to survive n go to descsion at that point..

Usyk is special, these other heavies r placeholders in comparison... I have told yall long ago, there is very real parallels with him and Evander Holyfield... He's in fact the best cruiserweight since Evander, whos the best cruiser ever... Thats how it is..

idk just to me, wilder is kind of a nobody, he's not a name, hes not a style or comparison point, he's a promoters champ like i said b4, he's not notable for even just his raw punching power alone -- he's not Julian Jackson..

n what he's become now, is quite clearly a gate-keeper..

u get paid more for ur gate-keeping matches than when ur a real up and comer these days.. things r so backwards, theyve conditioned the fans to root for this nonsense..

the most *** backwards part of it all tho is the reaction of the common fan... hook line n sinker they dont realize that 2nd n 3rd rate quality **** is being presented as premier..... n boxing is a poor mans sport so i feel like its particularly egregious to take advantage of ppl, who genuinely love the sport n the show,

Look at all of Furys fights since 2015 vs Wlad.... They r all 6'5'-6'6" opponents who he can dance circles around... 6'3 Usyk can rush like he's never been rushed before... Fury is gonna look completely bewildered by the speed quickness pace n also power that Usyk fights with..

I feel like usyk will establish the center of the ring being his within 3 or 4 rounds, as he did to Joshua, n then fury will fight off the ropes.. n then the fight is just over.. fury will wear down much faster.. he wont be able to generate enough offense to really win rounds like that n he'll be regaled to hoping he hits a big punch, which is obviously not his game... once the fight turns into a 'work-rate' contest Usyk will leave him in the dust at that very moment n never look back..

I feel like Usyk can knock him out too.. I feel like his style is gonna be disorienting for Fury, how can he find his comfort zone? this is not some heavyweight he can keep at bay for a few rounds n then they wear out quickly.. Usyk in fact gets stronger as the fights go on.. You saw how that 12th round closed out vs Joshua.. He was gonna knock him out cold if that fight went another few minutes...

Last edited:
the biggest questions surrounding usyk's move to the heavyweight division, have already been answered, resoundingly, he can handle the power, n stand toe to toe n win trade after trade after trade with the most powerful heavy in the world...

everything else now is just kind of posturing n pageantry... Fury presents no real threat to Usyk.. he's a doormat...

There was once an argument to be made about Fury having the best boxing skills in the heavy division... That time has passed tho.. Fury has excellent speed n boxing skill for a heavy, Usyk has excellent speed n boxing skill for a cruiserweight..

Look at all of Furys fights since 2015 vs Wlad.... They r all 6'5'-6'6" opponents who he can dance circles around... 6'3 Usyk can rush like he's never been rushed before... Fury is gonna look completely bewildered by the speed quickness pace n also power that Usyk fights with..
Usyk has the stamina, skills, and quickness no doubt but I'm not convinced of the power. He's fought 3 heavyweight fights. The first guy was a lower quality replacement they scrounged up after Tyrone Spong couldn't go. Even that guy wasn't knocked out. As for the other 2 fights, they both went to decision.

I would very much like to see a Wilder vs Usyk bout. Wilder only needs to connect once and it's over. As for Usyk fighting Fury or Wilder, that is down the road. Joshua has exercised rematch rights so Usyk will have to beat him again before moving on.