What's new

Wiggins vs Parker

I feel fairly confident the Jazz won't draft higher than 3 in this year's draft. My crystal ball says that the NBA's mystery balls will defy the odds and put Wiggins in a big market. Toronto will probably get the 2nd pick, but because it is Toronto they'll probably take someone like Ellis from KU there. So there's hope for Jazzfanz.

I'd go with Wiggins due to defensive potential. Defense matters.

A front-court rotation with Wiggins, Favors/Kanter and Gobert sounds good to me.

I feel fairly confident the Jazz won't draft higher than 3 in this year's draft.

Hey, Doc! Good to see you around.

Based on this site: https://www.mynbadraft.com/nba-draft-lottery-odds, it looks like you have to finish with one of the two worst records in the NBA in order to have better than a 50% chance at one of the top 3 picks.

worst record = 64.3% chance you'll get a top 3 pick
2nd worst record = 55.8% chance you'll get a top 3 pick
3rd worst record = 46.9% chance you'll get a top 3 pick

Hey, Doc! Good to see you around.

Based on this site: https://www.mynbadraft.com/nba-draft-lottery-odds, it looks like you have to finish with one of the two worst records in the NBA in order to have better than a 50% chance at one of the top 3 picks.

worst record = 64.3% chance you'll get a top 3 pick
2nd worst record = 55.8% chance you'll get a top 3 pick
3rd worst record = 46.9% chance you'll get a top 3 pick

He said "higher than 3", though. In other words, we're talking about a top 2 pick to guarantee a Wiggins or a Parker. Even if we execute the Tank to perfection, there's still a greater than a coin-flip chance (~53%) that we don't get top 2.

What are the odds of Jazz getting 2 lottery picks this year? Who should they trade for it? Would they give one freebie if we end up 0-82?

He said "higher than 3", though. In other words, we're talking about a top 2 pick to guarantee a Wiggins or a Parker. Even if we execute the Tank to perfection, there's still a greater than a coin-flip chance (~53%) that we don't get top 2.

I bet one of those two falls lower than 2. Some dumb GM always falls in love with size. It wouldn't shock me if one slipped if they didn't have a big run and Randle or some other player did.

Jabari Parker is the better player of the two and is a better fit for what we already have in place. He's the perfect compliment to Hayward. Plus he's a devout Mormon so he'd be a great fit in the community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_ql3dHA1GI

Ah, I missed that. Yes, even the worst team in the league has less than a 50% chance of getting a top 2 pick.

I feel fairly confident the Jazz won't draft higher than 3 in this year's draft. My crystal ball says that the NBA's mystery balls will defy the odds and put Wiggins in a big market. Toronto will probably get the 2nd pick, but because it is Toronto they'll probably take someone like Ellis from KU there. So there's hope for Jazzfanz.

People's paranoia about the lottery being rigged continues to amuse me.

People's paranoia about the lottery being rigged continues to amuse me.

It's not rigged every year, but I 100% think the NBA has rigged it in the past and are willing to rig it in the future.

If the Lakers are top 8 in the lottery, they get Wuggins.

/srs

£¥£

It's not rigged every year, but I 100% think the NBA has rigged it in the past and are willing to rig it in the future.

If the Lakers are top 8 in the lottery, they get Wuggins.

/srs

£¥£

I just think that if people truly thought the lottery was rigged (thus negating any chance at a superstar being sent to Utah), then they wouldn't have been begging the FO to tank.

I just think that if people truly thought the lottery was rigged (thus negating any chance at a superstar being sent to Utah), then they wouldn't have been begging the FO to tank.

I actually don't think the NBA would ever allow Wuggins in Utah...

£¥£

Lotteries are rigged? Come on guys its all about this kids pure luck, bowties and superstitions..

2qw0i68.jpg

If I believed they rigged the lottery id stop following the league.

Why are you convinced it has been rigged?

I just assume that somehow, some way we will not get the worst record. Some Eastern conference team is going to go 0 for 2014 and pull a worse record. That's the way the Eastern Conference rolls. Also three teams will jump us. That puts us at pick 5, which still doesn't suck at all.

If I believed they rigged the lottery id stop following the league.

Why are you convinced it has been rigged?

Guess you should stop watching cause it's pretty rigged the Gilbert kid then the wizards lucky bullets Jersey for John wall.

Sent from my HTC One using JazzFanz mobile app