What's new

Wiggins vs Parker

Im open to the idea of the lottery being rigged. I don't know if it is or not. If millions of dollars are on the line, people have done worse things for less.

It's not rigged every year, but I 100% think the NBA has rigged it in the past and are willing to rig it in the future.

If the Lakers are top 8 in the lottery, they get Wuggins.

/srs

£¥£

Worse is if Wiggins says he won't play for Jazz and demands to play for LA. Just like Kobe and Charlotte. I am not saying Wiggins has the ego like Kobe but agents have a funny way of "convincing their clients" to follow the fame and money.

Guess you should stop watching cause it's pretty rigged the Gilbert kid then the wizards lucky bullets Jersey for John wall.

Sent from my HTC One using JazzFanz mobile app
I never watch the NBA lottery but I've heard people cite these as reasons they're sure it is rigged before. What did I miss seeing in these lotteries that would have convinced me I was watching a rigged event? I'm honestly interested in hearing the answer (as long as it's not that you think it seemed too lucky that those teams would end up with that pick).

Lotteries are all about luck, so I'm not at all surprised that someone got lucky in every lottery that has ever been held. In fact, if they keep holding the lottery it's a certainty that eventually the team with the very lowest chance to win is going to win. Imagine the outcry that will create.

I just don't see why they don't do the lottery in front of cameras...

People would still call it rigged. They tried doing it on tv. They did it different then where lotto teams got an envelope instead of combos. This sparked the tinfoil hat theory of the frozen envelope.

An independent accounting firm and reps from each team are present during the lottery. What more is needed? Lol.

Jabari Parker is the better player of the two and is a better fit for what we already have in place. He's the perfect compliment to Hayward. Plus he's a devout Mormon so he'd be a great fit in the community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_ql3dHA1GI

That's just a dumb way of thinking. Sure Parker could be a franchise player, but you don't pick him over LBJ because he is a better fit next to Hayward. Pick best player available.

I would draft on skill and tapped potential, not untapped potential and "upside".

If Parker is the better player, draft him. If Wiggins is the better player draft him. They are close enough to each other that I don't think you can go wrong, but I do have the feeling Parker has a better all around game.

I really, really, really want to see a full season from both of them to even be close to deciding, and that's not even throwing Randle or any of the other freaks into the conversation.

What? I was simply stating that I sometimes act as a fine companion to you in some of your research. Can you not handle a complement?

Not only do you complement me, sometimes you even complete me. Just don't tell my wife.

I would draft on skill and tapped potential, not untapped potential and "upside".

If Parker is the better player, draft him. If Wiggins is the better player draft him. They are close enough to each other that I don't think you can go wrong, but I do have the feeling Parker has a better all around game.

I really, really, really want to see a full season from both of them to even be close to deciding, and that's not even throwing Randle or any of the other freaks into the conversation.

You draft the player you think is going to be better a few years down the road. You look at how good they are now, how good you think they can become, and the likelihood of them reaching that potential. You don't just go with whoever is best right now, like you're claiming.

I see this as the Safe know what you are getting and is good pick (Hayward) VS. the Could be great/ high potential pick (Paul George). So yeah we know who the Jazz are going to pick.

Worse is if Wiggins says he won't play for Jazz and demands to play for LA. Just like Kobe and Charlotte. I am not saying Wiggins has the ego like Kobe but agents have a funny way of "convincing their clients" to follow the fame and money.

I'm not worried about this. He isn't a Manning and he can't go play for the Yankees like Elway. He has no option. Those guys had options. Kobe wasn't hyped like Wiggins is. Besides, Durant has proved you can be huge in a small market.

I'm watching the Duke opener.. holy **** Jabari is good. Coach K is using him like he used LeBron in the Olympics. If we can get a pick that is Top 2 and a new coach, we're going to be contenders for a long time.

I'm watching the Duke opener.. holy **** Jabari is good. Coach K is using him like he used LeBron in the Olympics. If we can get a pick that is Top 2 and a new coach, we're going to be contenders for a long time.

This makes me happy.

We need all these guys to look good (wiggins, parker, randle, exum, gordon, harrisons) so that I can still feel good when the jazz are healthy and winning games that we will still get a star in the draft